Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2005, 05:28 PM
    Leaky drain pipe from shower and sink
    The drain pipe from bathroom sink and shower is leaking through the ceiling into the kitchen below. Can this pipe be replaced without breaking through bathroom floor?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2005, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ajon
    The drain pipe from bathroom sink and shower is leaking through the ceiling into the kitchen below. Can this pipe be replaced without breaking through bathroom floor?
    If the faulty pipe's located inside a wall then the wall must be opened up. Since you've failed to identify the pipe in question or its location I can't answer your question but the chances are very good that something's going to have to be opened up to fix the leak. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky kitchen drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My kitchen sink drain pipe leaks where the black U-shaped (p-trap?) screws onto the straight pipe from the sink. I've read that there is supposed to be a plastic ring or fitting that goes between the two pipes inside, and then plumbers tape on the threads where it screws together. Is...

Leaky shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, what do I use to seal the drain in a stand up shower? Caulk? Silicone? Will I be able to use the shower the next day? Thank you

Leaky pipe under kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just moved into my new house and I have a problem with the kitchen sink. When water is just running through the sink and pipes, there is no leaking. However, when I fill up the sink with water (say to soak pots) and then let the water out, the pipes underneath leak terribly as though the...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Another leaky shower drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A few weeks after moving into our (12 year old) house, we noticed moisture coming through the ceiling. The upstairs shower is right above the wet spot. We called our warranty company, and they sent out a technician who said that it was the shower drain, which has a crack in it (but of...

View more questions Search