Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lzcollins Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Will medication that a guy takes effect the baby?
    My boyfriend takes really strong acne medication. On the label it says it can cause birth defects. But is this only if you're the girl that's taking it. Or does it mean for the guy too? Will it mess up his sperm or something?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 21, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Its more probable if a pregnant female is taking it. Though, it is possible that it could alter sperm.
    Its best to ask his doctor for specific information concerning the drug.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Yes, it is very possible that it can cause birth defects ESPECIALLY if the medication is Accutane.

Many medications do indeed alter the sperm and can cause birth defects. Most doctors will not prescribe accutane, for instance, without a form of birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a guy takes a while to orgasm during sex is that a blessing or a burden? [ 9 Answers ]

Was with a girls but took 35 min to orgasm,with her again took 30 min to orgasm.Only takes 5 min though masturbation.I want to know if it's a burden or blessing that it takes much longer to orgasm though intercourse and if there's any ways to help speed up the process?

How does burning fossil fuels effect the greenhouse effect [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering how all this works ?

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search