Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gallaval Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Dryer not heating
    I have a fridgare gallery stackable unit. The dryer drum turns but does't heat. What could be the proble and where can I get a repair manual?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Dead heating element, burned wire, bad relay. Most common is the heating element or the burned wire. If you are handy, take it apart and look, if not, call an appliance repair person to fix it for you.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 21, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Hmmm, bad thermal fuse or 1/2 of you 220 isn't there or one of the above problems are also possible. A model number would allow me to provide detailed instructions if you would be so kind to supply it. Oh and do you have an ohms meter and do you know how to use it? ($10 at wal mart and I can teach you)
    If you have moderate skills you can fix this. As a technician I always tell people the only difference is I know which screw to turn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer not heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer that has stopped heating. Is there anything I can check myself before calling the service person?

Dryer not heating up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer about 8 years old. I thought the heating element was bad and I replaced it. I found out since that the element was fine. So were the 3 thermostats. There is no clog with any lint and every thing seems to work on the thing just no heat. The breaker also is OK. Any suggestions.

Dryer not heating [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Kemmore dryer that has stopped heating. The dryer tumbles and all apears to be good except no heat. I have checked the following: Thermal cutout - 0 ohms - Good Exhaust Thermostat - 0 ohms - good Heater thermostat - 0 ohms - good Heating element - 0 ohms - good Wiring - all good...

View more questions Search