Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lambtoby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Maytag dryer not heating
    I ran a new gas line and moved our gas dryer upstairs. Now it won't heat was told possibly I had dirt in line that plugged the orifice. Model # LDG9316AAE Maytag. I removed the 2 front screws to remove the front but how does it come off from the top?

Thanks, lambtoby
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 21, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lambtoby
    I ran a new gas line and moved our gas dryer upstairs. Now it won't heat was told possibly I had dirt in line that plugged the orifice. Model # LDG9316AAE Maytag. I removed the 2 front screws to remove the front but how does it come off from the top?

Thanks, lambtoby
    Once the screws are out swing the bottom towards you and slide the top of the panel down it will release.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Lets go back to the gas line. Did you install a trap where you came off the rigid pipe and have you confirmed the gas pressure in the line? Where did you place the shuts off on this line and are the handles paralellel to the pipe?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 10:45 AM
    The "trap" for a gas line is called a "dirt leg". It's just a short piece of pipe right before the appliance that's capped. It catches dirt by using gravity before it gets to the appliance.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 21, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Great advise guys!! [applause applause! ] I would definitely go there also, but does the igniter even glow? No glow no gas... The movement from one floor to the other may have broken an already weak igniter.

Just to toss something in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dryer not heating [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a maytag neptune dryer ,had to relocate the outlet and it is not getting hot can anyone help me?

MAYTAG Model LDE490 dryer not heating up [ 1 Answers ]

Our dryer is not heating up. I can set the time, turn it on, the drum starts turning... everything is doing fine EXCEPT no heat. Any suggestions? I did check the circuit breaker AND the lint filter. I don't have a manual for this machine. Any available?

MayTag Dryer Heating element [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Maytag stacked washer dryer. Model #LSE7804ACE. Should the heating element come on and go off during the drying cycle. The dryer itself never shuts off. The fan is blowing and the duct is new. I can watch the element come on and go off. I have recently noticed it takes longer...

Maytag Proforma dryer not heating up... [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Proforma dryer (electric) that is not heating up. I poked around here a bit and installed a brand new vent on the dryer. The vent blows like a champ now but it still is not heating up. I put the dryer on the Timed Dry cycle and it didn’t warm up there either. I figured this...

View more questions Search