Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    migagne123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
    My Budgie is dying.
    I have a 6 years old female budgie that I really love,and five days ago we found out she had a tumor around her intestine.. We went to the vet for help but the doctor said he can't do anything and didn't give me any advice.It's been almost a week and she has problem breathing and eating.She is probably suffering a lot.I don't want to let her down,I want to help her.I did a lot of research on tumors but it didn't recommend any medicine or what to do... Please help me; I love her!! :(
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
    I would say go see another vet, the vet should either recommend treatment, surgery or otherwise, or euthanasia to end the poor thing's suffering. I hope you can save it, and if you cannot, I hope it won't hurt much more. I'm sorry about your little pet. =(
    Chibiabos Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Tragically, some things are incurable. I concur with charlotte, if its indeed incurable, then it might be good to consider having her gently put to sleep instead of living with pain.

Its hard, nothing really can make up for the loss, there's no one in the world like her who can replace her... but that fact also means she's very special, and life is precious because no two living beings are the same... there's only one of each of us, including budgies. *hugs*
    christinem1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 11:29 PM
    Oh I know how you feel, its so terrible, I also have a budgie who I love who has a tumor, I see him and I am so sad and don't know what to do, I know I proberly put him down but when is the right time, he still cheeps most times, but it is plan to see he is ill, I feel a bad person, but I am on a pension myself and don't have a lot of money and vets are so expensive. I don't think I will get any more pets its too upsetting. I hope you have success with your sweet one...
    shona 75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
    Hi I have blue budgie male as far as I no , he's normally on his perch active but he's in one place on bottom of cage help please
    Millie1235 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
    I'm sorry for your news and I truly understand what your going through... But ask yourself, if there's nothing you or the vet can do, is it better off for your budgie to suffer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Budgie nesting box [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have an aviary and I have some questions. 1/ does the nesting box have to be hang up, or can it just be put on top of anything? 2/ how long till my birds get used to the new avairy? Thanks and best regards, Wagdi

New budgie pet bird [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I am going to get a pet budgie in a couple of days and I was wondering how I can tame him... I have searched the internet many times and still no answer that I need that goes with taming or breeding a budgie, help me:eek:

I can't feed my budgie by hand and he won't come out of his cage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've had my budgie, sebastian, for around 4 months now. I have made it hand tame but I have never taught it to take food from my hand. I have tried it a couple of times but he always backs away and seems to be frightened. My problem is that he doesn't like to come out of his cage. I can...

Budgie cage gone bad [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for advice on how to clean a budgie cage that hasn't been cleaned in a long long while. The budgie is still in it! It is for a friend and I haven't cleaned out a cage before so need the real basics! Thanks

View more questions Search