Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
    I agree with Ruby.

Although, I did come over on the Mayflower (or my direct descendant did... I have proof) LOL. Leave it be that you all don't agree. Isn't that the greatness of our world? That people can be different and still interact peacefully?

There is a difference in posting your opinion and being pig-headed and rude about it. I enjoy the different cultures and religions on here. It is interesting to learn of others. Why can't we just leave it at that?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Did I say I wanted them out of this country?
    Yes you did. Please reread what you wrote.
    If anyone here is a judgmental pig, it is you. Rather than warping people's opinions, respect them instead.
    Rather than putting words in people's mouths, read what you have written and the responses that follow. I never called you a judgmental pig. You however have chosen to disparage me, why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

And by the way, the reason I say "Nobody call me a racist pig" is because I Don't want them two. Maybe next time if you actually use your head you might follow directions.
    I do know you didn't want anyone to call you that. Unfortunately, I don't feel the need to have someone dictate to me what I can and cannot do. I call them as I see them. You were the one who originally used the words, not I. Obviously, somewhere in your psyche, you already knew that you would be viewed that way.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Dec 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Alright, first let's start with you. Respect my opinion!

Actually, If you really want respect. Start Respecting other people first. That's how it works. You can't just come in here and say something like that and demand respect. Nobody, including me will give it to you.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Dec 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Rather than putting words in people's mouths, read what you have written and the responses that follow. I never called you a judgmental pig. You however have chosen to disparage me, why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I do know you didn't want anyone to call you that. Unfortunately, I don't feel the need to have someone dictate to me what I can and cannot do. I call them as I see them. You were the one who originally used the words, not I. Obviously, somewhere in your psyche, you already knew that you would be viewed that way.
    Please enlighten me by quoting my words and highlight the part where I said "I want people of other religions out of this country.

Dec 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Do you have an answer?
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Interesting how you are focusing on one point to defend your hateful words. All right, I will bite and attempt to explain how I got from point a to point b.
    Pardon my French, but unless you have the balls to take over the U.S. you don't complain about Christian activities in a dominantly christiam country! Just be thankful we even let you into our country!
    Although I am not sure what "Christian activities" you believe that non-Christians are complaining about, I interpret this as it is written. It reads to me as if you are telling all non-Christians that they should grow a pair, take over the U.S. from all Christians. Then what? What do you expect non-Christians to do with Christians if we took over? The only answer would be to kick you out of the country so we could be the majority. If we aren't grateful to Christians for allowing us into the country, then what? Why don't you explain what you have written here worthbeads so that we can all understand that your words were completely misunderstood by me, the "judgmental pig"?

Dec 27, 2007, 02:20 PM
    What I'm saying is that unless a certain religious group wants to become the leading ethnicity and semi-control the U.S. by completely changing the U.S.'s customs (or take over by force and demand their customs to be participated in), they should expect Christians customs to be imposed.

I'll use a different example to show what I am saying.

There's a club. The majority of the people in the club want to talk about books, while the minority want to talk about music. So, for the time being it is a book club and everyone goes along with it. Then one day a music lover says that they should not be forced to read books, so the club should no longer be a book club. Since it is no longer a book club, the book lovers will not be able to openly read books in the club, even though the majority of people in the club are book lovers.

Doesn't it seem just a little unfair to the book lovers?

Dec 27, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I still don't agree, worthbeads. That is not how it is here! Only a "minority" of the people here (christians or non) feel that way.

Please everyone... don't take his words for how "we" are in the US. I can't say, out of the big city I know, that have come in contact with ANYONE who thinks this way. It is insulting to our country... the land of the free. The point of "the free", is that we are "free" to celebrate how "we" want to!

Dec 27, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Please tell me how it insults you and/or the U.S.

Dec 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Because you have now placed in peoples minds that the US is a group of heartless, self-centered people. For the most part, I don't think we are. Most people I know respect others cultures and religions.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Interesting comparison. Unfortunately, you are comparing apples to oranges. The United States isn't a book club. We have a constitution that allows us freedom of religion. Book clubs have bylaws that dictate what is to be discussed. So if you want to draw a comparison between the two, in this country, under our current constitution, we are allowed to talk about books and music together any time we wish. Just because Christians are the majority, freedom to choose what religion we follow is every person's birthright in this country.

If you read my original response to you, I never stated that you told non-Christians to leave the country. I was including other people that stated that during the discussion on this thread, when I was focusing on your telling non-Christians we should be thankful to Christians for allowing us into the country. But, your follow-up posts, taking exception to the wrong thing, tells me that you agree with those other people. Synnen obviously read the same thing in your post that I did.

Worthbeads, for the most part, I have always liked your posts and your "railing against the machine." This one from you came out of left field and I am very surprised and disappointed at your choice of words here.

Dec 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
    I guess what I'm saying is I don't like it when one person doesn't like a belief so no one else can publicly show that belief. I know that that one person has a right to not have that belief, but do they really have to ruin everyone else's fun?

Dec 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I guess what I'm saying is I don't like it when one person doesn't like a belief so no one else can publicly show that belief. I know that that one person has a right to not have that belief, but do they really have to ruin everyone else's fun?

Much better put. This is no comparison to what you originally posted. I also took what you said they way the non-christians did.

Dec 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Interesting comparison. Unfortunately, you are comparing apples to oranges. The United States isn't a book club. We have a constitution that allows us freedom of religion. Book clubs have bylaws that dictate what is to be discussed. So if you want to draw a comparison between the two, in this country, under our current constitution, we are allowed to talk about books and music together any time we wish. Just because Christians are the majority, freedom to choose what religion we follow is every person's birthright in this country.

If you read my original response to you, I never stated that you told non-Christians to leave the country. I was including other people that stated that during the discussion on this thread, when I was focusing on your telling non-Christians we should be thankful to Christians for allowing us into the country. But, your followup posts, taking exception to the wrong thing, tells me that you agree with those other people. Synnen obviously read the same thing in your post that I did.

Worthbeads, for the most part, I have always liked your posts and your "railing against the machine." This one from you came out of left field and I am very surprised and disappointed at your choice of words here.
    Yep, that does sound like me. I'm fun to watch, but a pain to go against.

Sorry to be so picky, but you did in fact say that I told non-christians to leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by RudyPitbull
    Worthbeads (and others who have stated a desire that non-Christians leave the U.S.), why did your ancestors come to this country and not stay in their homeland?
    And again

Quote Originally Posted by Worthbeads
    Did I say I wanted them out of this country?
    Reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyPitbull
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
    That is perfect worthbeads. Devoid of inflammatory comments.

I agree with you on this. People should not rain on other people's parades. For me, when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas or anything that is done with good intent, I always wish them the same thing.

Dec 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
    I am glad you can see it my way.

I guess I should say I'm sorry to everyone for being hostile and rude, but I can get really defensive. Defensiveness is infused in my blood.
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Sorry, I have to keep walking away from the computer.

Worthbeads, when I use a parenthesis, it is to separate my thoughts from the previous line or words. So, you were choosing to focus on the wrong thing. Again, I was including those "others" in my upbraiding of the general attitude about non-Christians handed out here on this thread. And, again, my follow up was due to your follow up posts where you chose to focus on that point and not on what I was actually saying to you. Synnen read it the same way. If I hadn't done it, you wouldn't have gotten to the point you have gotten to now. Being defensive is all right if you are defending something that is devoid of inflammatory or derogatory remarks. You made my toes curl on that post of yours!

Apology accepted.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 07:40 PM
    What I'm saying is that unless a certain religious group wants to become the leading ethnicity and semi-control the U.S. by completely changing the U.S.'s customs (or take over by force and demand their customs to be participated in), they should expect Christians customs to be imposed.
    I know I'm coming in on this conversation late, but Worthbead wrote that short a revolution or something, people "should expect Christians' customs to be imposed." I am not sure if he really meant that, but I wanted to point out that in the U.S. no one should expect any religion's customs to be imposed. Freedom of religious expression is guaranteed by the first amendment. No one HAS to go to a particular church and no one HAS to say "Merry Christmas!" :)

Christians are still the majority in the U.S. but our country is becoming more religiously diverse all the time. Since 1990, the number of self identified Christians has declined from 86% to 71% (and will probably drop below 70% in 2008). Over the same period, those 15% of people who left Christianity either joined a non-Christian religion or became agnostics or atheists. If this keeps up, the number of non-Christians will equal the number of Christians in just 35 years.

I hope we can all go on putting up with one another, whatever our personal beliefs about God. I wouldn't want to see us move toward imposing a single religion on everyone.

Just for the record, I'm not religious, but I like and am used to "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year." I prefer it to "Happy Holidays" and I'm pretty oblivious to all the other holidays that happen this time of year. But I wouldn't want to impose my preferences on someone if it made them uncomfortable. To me, Christmas isn't about insisting that others celebrate exactly what I celebrate in exactly the same way by saying the same words...
    Cheers,
    Asking
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 07:54 PM
    But with that said, no one should be forced NOT to say Merry Chrsitmas either, if the person greeting you at walmart is christian, they can say merrry christmas, as people go in to buy christmas trees, during christmas sales, as bell ringers are asking for money for christmas.

If the person is not chirstan, they don't have to say merry christmas.

And you know what, I have not seen a single worker refusing to take Christmas vacation, and I did not get my mail delivered on Christmas, the fact is America does reconise Christmas as a holiday.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 08:01 PM
    I agree, Chuck, employers should not forbid their employees from saying "Merry Christmas" "Happy Ramadan" or simply "Have a nice day". But if one takes issue with that, they should address the organization, not the individual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

She wants me to be "happy" yet won't take me back [ 1 Answers ]

Im not going to contact her... like I said. But here's another idea ID appreciate a response to... I love fishing... I was thinking about buying a little flats boat... of course texted her about it.. she said CONGRATS! Then two days later I talked to her and she said that I was just doing that to...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search