Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annhedgepeth83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Disability check VS. child support check
    My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I don't think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. He BLOWS all of his and her money. Now he is asking for child support from my mom?? How do we fight for this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 10:07 AM
    To get child support he will have to go to the family court and fill out the applications and they will tell you what forms you need birth certificates, social security numbers, etc... and they will take it from there.
    You should have a talk with your step father about managing money better. Maybe work out a budget with him. If he can't prove he can provide for your sister they could possibly take her off him for neglect.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annhedgepeth83
    My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I dont think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. he BLOWS all of his and her money. now he is asking for child support from my mom??? how do we fight for this?

Are you asking how your mother can fight a request for child support?

She is required to support her child until the age of majority; the amount will vary from State to State and in some States and based on circumstances in some States.

In NYS support is by Statute - no matter what you collect, no matter what you have, no matter what your salary is if you are the custodial parent you will get support in a percentage set down by law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support and social security disability [ 7 Answers ]

My ex said he is trying to get on disability so that he doesn't have to pay child support. Is this true? We live in PA

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Judgement from disability check [ 3 Answers ]

I am receiving you s government civil service for disability I owe on some credit cards can an attorney get a judgement to get money out of my check

Mental disability and child support [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 30 year old father of two children I pay child support on. I am paying arrearages on these children because I have never been able to hold a job for an extended period. I have recently been diagnosed with a mental disability that hinders me from keeping a job for an extended period. Are...

Child Support Check [ 2 Answers ]

LAST CHILD SUPPORT CHECK!! Today my baby girl's 18th birthday I be so glad that this be my last Child support payment! Month after month, year after year, all those Damn payments! So I call my baby girl, LaKeesha, to come to my house, And when she get there, I say, "Baby girl, I want you to...

View more questions Search