Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alioopsu2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 08:00 AM
    I need cheap insurance
    I am going to lose my health insurance soon and am looking for cheap but good health insurance. Can anyone help me with this??

Thanks!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 21, 2007, 09:52 AM
    There are a lot of factors involved. If you are about to loose your job, they are legally required to offer you COBRA, which is insurance you can purchase in that situation.

Insurance costs go up depending on several factors:
    What type and how much do you need?
    Where do you live? (different areas will average different costs)
    Family or Single coverage?

I recommend calling insurers and asking for free quotes based on your needs. Many car or home insurance agencies offer it at lower prices if you already have coverage through them.
    Good luck
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 26, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Exercising your right to health insurance is great if you can afford the premium and/or if you have a pre existing medical condition that precludes you from having those pre existing conditions insured on the open market. COBRA essentially guarantees coverage for 18 months or so after you lose group health coverage.. if you are healthy, why not shop the market for the type of coverage that fulfills you needs... i.e. ability to see your physicians, etc, price, limits, rating of ins company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

My boyfriend is cheap [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years and I have a pretty good relationship except for two MAJOR problems . The first is that he has become very unreliable as of late. He used to be really good about calling when he said he would and answering his phone when he knew I was going to call him. Lately, however, he...

Cheap diamonds [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody know any websites where to by cheap 1-2ct (colourless) diamond?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Cheap Irrigation [ 1 Answers ]

I am seeding a new 1.25 acer lawn. I am looking for an easy inexpensive way to irrigate the new seed and then years to come after it is established.

View more questions Search