Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravoori Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Close & Open Chilled Water System
    What is the difference between Close & Open Chilled Water system? Which one is normally used?

Thank you.

Prasad
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 20, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoori
    What is the difference between Close & Open Chilled Water system? Which one is normally used??

Thank you.

Prasad
    Closed loop system is usually with hot water boiler, and open loop is with steam, more systems are going to the closed loop system because its more effecint and easier to control or operate.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 20, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravoori
    What is the difference between Close & Open Chilled Water system? Which one is normally used??

Thank you.

Prasad
    Closedloop:he same water circulate through the system... open loop; new water is continuously add to the system.. when new water is add to the system, it must be treated so your equipments and piping won't corroded out too or clogged too quick. Normallly chilled water is closed/ condenser is open... steam is a closed loop; it "OPEN" to release the air in the system
    loul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 07:43 PM
    In a close loop system what would the loop temp be
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Dec 7, 2013, 11:02 AM
    For me; any where from 38 to 200 F, It depend on your system design(purpose)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Multi-circuit pressurisation System (chilled water) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I am processing at material submittal for a pressurization unit for a 42 story tower in the middle east. The system is not hooked up with district cooling and we have our own chillers condenser heat echanges etc. We have 3 circuits all of different pressures. High zone, low zone and...

Chilled water system design pressure and pressurization unit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Could u tell about chilled water line pressure what pressure should be maintain for g+7 building if chiller installed on roof and pump room at seventh floor. And could u tell me capacity of pressureization vessel pump watts for 14mtrcube system volume location same pump room(seventh floor)

View more questions Search