Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cprogers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Ceiling fan light switch
    How do I change the switch controlling the light in a ceiling fan?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Turn off the power to the light and remove the bottom cover

Remove the switch and take it to a hardware store to get one

It should be a simple ( ON -- OFF ) pull cord switch

There should be two wires to it -- it doesn't matter which wire

Hooks to switch wires so just one to each switch wire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a light kit on a ceiling fan where a switch enables both fan and light [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with three wires emerging from the top: white, black, red, and green. Presently the white, black, and green are hooked up to a switch and the fan works fine. The red is capped. The fan also has a chain which I intend on keeping on the medium setting indefinitely. ...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

Wiring ceiling fan switch and light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the flywheel on my Hunter ceiling fan and I had to remove the light kit that was attached. After I installed the flywheel, I forgot to mark the wires for re-connection. This is an older model fan. There are five wires coming from the fan motor--brown, blue, white, black and...

Ceiling fan light switch [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older ceiling fan that works well, except the light switch appears to be broken. The pull chain will not turn on the light. Can the internal light switch be changed or must I buy a new ceiling fan?

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search