Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorab915 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Man living with parents
    I'm 44 years old. The man I've been in an on and off again relationship is 39 years old. He has lived with me, then when he becomes depressed, he moves back into Mom and Dads basement. He is currently there now. His parents have been diagnosed with a variety of mental/emotional disorders.

Is there any hope in a relationship with this man? When he is with me it seems as though he's living a life for himself, then they manipulate him by withholding their love for him, when he's with me and he goes back.

I have spent 5 years in this back and forth relationship and don't know if there is any hope if I continue to wait.

I'm a single parent, 2 boys, teenagers and have lived on my own since I was 20 years old.

Any advice is appreciated.
    bebegirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 8

Nov 19, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Hello darling.
    Well first of all I applaude your patience. :)
    I personally believe that a man should support the woman's emotional needs as well as her physical well being. If he's not showing you that then I would think that he is not going to change too much. I know it's really hard... because yo have spent much time with him and in some ways you have grown with him regardless of any problems. But - you have to do what is best for your family. Don't just cut him off... but let him know you're stable and you have been there for him. Let him know that you don't want to just wait and wait. If you do so in telling him or already have and you see no changes I would let him go. I look at it this way... would you rather spend your life with the small special every now and then happy moments w/ him or would you rather become strong for yourself and possibly meet the man of your dreams who is going to realize you're amazing. I don't know if he is like this but... I know what it feels like to have someone have all these flaws and somehow at the end of the day they have a way of making you love the more than anything...
    There problem is not in you. Just keep your atena's up and see if he makes any stable improvements. God has a special plan for you. Good Luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Man In Love w/ Another Man [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hey Im 33 yrs old I became fast friends w/ someone I have known for many years just did not know him personally. Hes 27yrs old very intelligent ,funny, tough, masculine and very very easy on the eyes but he also has severe mood swings(gemini) along w/ a severe drinking habit. As time...

Tell my parents about my 29 yr old man? [ 9 Answers ]

Well I'm 19 now and my boyfrend and I have been together for the past 10 months by the way he's 28 soon 29. It's been a good relationship an it's headed in a good direction because we recently decided to stop having sex an become christians, he's been a great influence in my life school work an all...

Grown man still letting his parents make his decision? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to post this as this is something I am experiencing, I was in a relationship with someone about 10 years ago we broke up because of our decision to join the military. Anyway there was no contact between the two of us for those 10 years he married and divorced with no children. I married and...

Living on [ 3 Answers ]

It's a frightening thing thinking we are all going to die sometime or another, but that is one thing that we know for certain that will happen to us all.. But it's the unknowing everyone is frightened about! I think that when we die our spirt always lives on... I believe in ghosts my father when he...

View more questions Search