Ask
    jmjohnson37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Needing
    Can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 05:34 AM
    If you have a record, I am sure you cannot be bonded because a check has to be run on you through the police department.

As a healthcare worker visiting homes, that was a stipulation of my employment, they had to know I was bondable with no police record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 06:41 AM
    What is the felonly, if you were a mass murder? Or if you robbed and embezzled funds, maybe not.

Also what type of bond, there are dozens.

But bonds are merely policies sold, so often the higher the risk the higher the insurance also.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
    We have gone over this before Fr. Chuck. Here in Canada if you want a position of trust one of the stipulations is to be BONDED, then your employer asks that you have a police check done to make sure you have no prior convictions because if you do, it is impossible to be bonded. This is what the poster means.

It has nothing to do with monetary bonds.

Don't you have to have this done in the US for positions of trust ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjohnson37
    can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record
    It would help to know what the felony is for. Around where I live, you might be bondable, depending on the type of felony.

It would also help to know what type of business this is in reference to, because depending on the type of business and your location where you want to operate your business, if you are wanting to do some kind of business, it may just be that you don't need a license or to be bonded.

[Edit] Now I see because of your other thread where you asked this same question, that this is for construction work.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
    If you're in the USA and the charge was theft, embezzlement, or other financial misdoings, my guess is you might have a hard time getting bonded for construction work. If it was something like felony DUI or something non-theft related, maybe you'd have a shot. Otherwise, you may need to find a way to do construction work without being bonded (or find a different line of work). If you Google "unbonded construction" you'll find policies at a couple of universities on the first page for payment of unbonded contractors... so it is apparently possible in the USA to find construction gigs without being bonded.

Vasily
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
    One, we do not know where JMJohnson37 is located (In the US, Canada, UK, etc) and two we do not know what kind of bond/license he apparently needs or if he needs a bond at all and three. I do see a reference by someone answering that it is a construction related bond, therefore if we assume this is correct and if we can assume he is located in the US, then more than likely he probably is asking about a license/permit surety bond which are usually easy to obtain with no credit / background check or even a signed agreement of indemnity (indemnifying the surety for atty fees and other cost of collection should the surety company incurr such expenses). Usually these license/permit bonds are written once the premium is paid which is usually approx $100.oo per yr. However, if the surety requires an application/indemnity agreement and that application ask a question such as "have you ever been convicted of a felony?" and the answer provided is "yes", then I would expect the surety to ask about the conviction and they may or may not issue the bond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

Needing to know [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a mobile home 5 years ago from clayton homes, since buying the home we have had nothing but problems with vanderbilt mortgage with them calling us saying that we are late on payments when were not. I done a search on the net on them " vanderbilt mortgage" and found a site...

I am very needing yours about asp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am VIetnammes I am studying informatic technonogy. I am studying shopping cart, I downed this demo ones is acart2_0 , but I have problem in error. In eacht pages that have SQL inner join that it don't run this code example <%@ LANGUAGE = "VBScript" %> <!-- #include file="db.asp" -->...

Needing help // advice. [ 9 Answers ]

So.. Im 18 now, male.. and wanting to have a more serios meaningful relationship. Problem? I've been single for a couple years now and seem to be deemed permanently single :| I'm just having no luck at all. I'm one of the few who's not just in it for a one night thing, and actually like getting...

Needing Direction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for direction in my life. Points or interest are as follows... Marriage Children Job Health Family

View more questions Search