Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NICKELAE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
    First Floor Shower Tile Leak
    Hi,
    I Just Got My Shower Re-done And Its All Tile Top To Bottom. We Have Tile Floor. We Have A Leak Where The Tile From The Floor Meets The Tile Step To The Shower, I Looked And Saw A Hole In The Grout Where I Think It Is Coming From. We Don't Hear Any Constant Running Water Or Anything, Is It Coming From The Drian? Beacause It Was Hot Mopped And We Don't Think It Is A Slab Leak Because It's a Very Slow Leak. Am I Screwed?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2005, 01:14 PM
    Hey Nick,
    I would take some clear silicon jel and caulk the hole in the grout. Give it time to cure and stop off the drain, fill the shower base and check for leaks. Good luck, Tom
    NICKELAE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 02:04 PM
    Will the water do damage to my house if I just block it from coming out? And I didn't understand the drain part. Sorry I have no clue about plumbing
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2005, 03:24 PM
    Will the water do damage to my house if I just block it from coming out? And I didn't understand the drain part.

Just remove the strainer and jam a damp towel down the drain to close it off. Fillthe shower base just enough to cover the part that you think is leaking and check for leaks . If you see any then pull the towel and drain out the water. If not the water won't hurt your house and you've fixed your leak.
    Good luck,Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile floor drain in a new shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 4' by 8' double shower in a master bathroom. I will be tiling all the walls as well as the floor. The floor right now is 3/4" cdx plywood with another layer of 1/2" cdx plywood over that for strength. I have a pvc pipe stubbed up in the middle for the floor drain, and that is as...

Tile floor shower drain leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 65 year-old Spanish style house and I have a Tile floor shower drain leaking problem. When I apply silicon around the connection of drain and tile, it temporally stop the leak, however. A couple of weeks later, it leaks again. Any advise or recommendation of a handyman will be greatly...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

Shower tile floor and grout remains wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2s marble floor tile. Every time we take a shower an area of dark, wet looking tile and grout expands. Soon my entire floor will look that way. I've done some research and think that the drain weep holes may be clogged causing water accumulation to saturate my floor...

View more questions Search