Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gm37962 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Converting from gas to electric heat.
    I have a rental property that has gas heat. I would like to convert it to electric because of the high price of gas in the VA area. On average, how costly and difficult would this be? It is a carrier heat pump.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Your electric panel will have to be large enough to take care of the electric heat load. I would suggest you get at least two estimates for the work you propose to do. It could cost more that you will save.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coverting Gas Heat to electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

How would you convert gas heat to electric heat. Around what price range would this cost? The heat comes from a big propane tank that is costly to fill.

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Converting From Gas to Electric Heat [ 3 Answers ]

I'm buying a home in southern WV which is gas heated and has electric a/c. The current owners pay $123 and $35 per month respectfully on the budget plan which seems way out of kilter to me. Notwithstanding the individual user differences and that the price of electricity here is way less...

Converting a home from gas to electric [ 3 Answers ]

We are thinking of purchasing a home that has gas heat, stove and fireplace (I've never seen a gas fireplace before and am stumped by this). I would much prefer an all electric home. The location is central Texas. 1) Is is possible to do such a conversion (including the fireplace to be a...

Convert from gas heat to all electric [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, we are retiring and considering a move to a smaller community. Many of the homes there have gas heat and the cost of natural gas is outrageous to say the least. One house is about 8 years old. How do I go about changing to a heat pump? Wouuls I need to dhave all new or can I use the existing...

View more questions Search