Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sravaneee_239 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:15 AM
    My email have won a lottery is it a genuine
    Hi...
    I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have responded with my details... the lottery was named under
    AUSTRALIA LOTTO LOTTERY INC. ELECTRONIC MAIL AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION
    AWARD PRESENTATION CENTER:AUSTRALIA...
    After giving my details I have called him on phone... he have spoken that I have to give my complete details.. with my bank account , etc.. the person with whom I have spoken is in NIGERIA... thereafter he sent a mail that "I WANT YOU TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF HAVING THE FUND RELEASE TO YOU IN YOUR COUNTRY WITH THE BANK DIRECTOR FOR INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE. All YOU DO NOW IS TO MAKE IMMEDIATE CONTACT WITH THE UNION BANK PLC. WHICH IS YOUR CORRESPONDENT PAYING BANK TO ENABLE THEM FINALIZE THE MODALITIES OF TRANSFERRING YOUR PRIZE MONEY AS IT HAS BEEN DEPOSITED IN A FIXED ACCOUNT WITH THE BANK. "
    He has given the bank name as "THE MANAGER, UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT. MARINA, LAGOS, NIGERIA." even I sent my details to this bank through given Email...
    I have a doubt that is there are any world lotteries... like this is it a genuine one... is there any problem with this kind of lotteries... i.e.. will I face any problem by submitting details to this lottery... plzzzzzzzzz reply me as soon as possible...
    Waiting for your reply...
    Thanking u,
    Yours faithfully,

SRAVAN KUMAR GOUD.

Contact no:>NUMBER REMOVED<
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 19, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Total SCAM!!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 08:24 AM
    I think I have won a Zillion Dollars so far. Numerous governments falling and needing help to get Millions out of the country, I have been the Beneficiary of several Concorde Families on that Ill fated flight. Won Many Lotteries, Coca Cola Lottery(they have no lottery)Used to save them, and add them all up. I stopped a zillion, don't know what I would do with all that money.

I would also suggest, Don't enter contest, unless you like Junk Mail. Plus, You won't win.

Try this, look at the links on the right.

Internet Scams, Identity Theft, and Urban Legends.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Cannot say it better. It has fraud all over it. If you give them your information they can drain your bank account.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Years ago, I tried to get a Local Bank to set up an Account that can accept money, but not be able to Draw from. They would have to provide info at that point. They would not do it. Not their Job. Called upon a Government Agency(The one that should handle it) to see what they could do. Nothing. We will have to live with these Scams forever at this rate.
    I bet if I go to my Email, I bet I won something.
    wilddog27 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 11:39 PM
    No kidding I just checked email... won some kind of Microsoft lottery! I'm rich finally! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I didn't even read it
    drifter28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 11:44 PM
    It's a absolutely fake and loaded with virus.. Be carefull:)
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 19, 2008, 11:46 PM
    They will keep coming now.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 12:21 AM
    I received one of these from England with Microsoft and said I had been chosen the winner of the Microsoft yearly contest ,was required to send by email all that junk informatio so they could send me my 97,500 uk lbs. I would have loved to had it ,but I figured that it was some sort of SCAM. I didn't even answer them. I had to call a Microsoft agent here in the us and one in England , sat you bloody ol block , lrts get on the QUEENS GRASS> HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA STAY AWAY:::::: F.B.E.
    gelay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 09:41 PM
    I receive an email 3days ago, it sez's that I won a huge amount of pound sterling, and the group who sent me this email is calling me from time to time if I already paid my delivery charge, now my question is can you look for me this people, their names are, charles mccoy & larry vincent,thank you and good day to you,
    gelay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Sir, I forgot to ask if they are legal or not,thanks
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 16, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gelay
    sir, i forgot to ask if they are legal or not,thanks
    -----------
    It's a scam.
    Any random e-mail you receive claiming you have won something is a scam. I'm surprised you gave them your phone number. Tell them that you can catch the red eye and pick it up. Anybody who would give you sterling winnings, would privatley deliver the goods with a secure and bonded delivery. I figure if you gave them your phone number, you also gave them your PO#, address and full name. I would be very careful if I were you.
    Its illegal, but catching them is really hard. And getting anyone to even try to catch them is even harder. I have looked into it and found that its commonly people in internet cafes overseas that are contacting you. Often they have people in Canada/US that help them with their schemes, it can get very elaborate. PS... TELL THEM TO SEND IT COLLECT. LOL
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
    sravaneee_239 - i guess that if you gave them any information about your bank account(s), then you had better start watching your account at the bank < talk to the bank about this <he will be able to help and try to stop any unathorized withdrawals from your account< :: hope i have got this to you in time!! Good luck< & god bless :::: f.b.e.
    SHM76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 08:25 AM

I'll advise you not to bother yourself looking for these people! They're no other people than professional fraudsters trying to dupe you! Be Warned!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non genuine XP [ 4 Answers ]

I have a non genuine windows xp pro and every time I boot , there's a startup saying this copy of windows is not genuine and no longer eligible of receiving security upgrades from Microsoft. By the way , I already removed the WGAtray in notification bar,id like to know how to remove this startup...

Non Genuine Windows [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the same problem lately with my Dell (bought from Dell). Windows not Genuine, I can also go to a web site, connect, and for example log onto Bellsouth, then select the pay my bill link, I get cannot connect. I have gone to Microsoft to try and run updates, but that fails as well. I get...

What if I got a email claming that I won the lottery? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an email that told me that I have won money. And three weeks later I received money but then when I call them they told me to go to the bank so they can send me the rest of the money I don't knoe if it's a scam please help

Genuine Questions here<<<(DSO)<<<--- [ 10 Answers ]

Due to sum miss understanding I've removed all Fix's regarding DSO, any one with legit problems removing it or ne other area's can direct there questions here. Regards~ Don't know what to do? Just ask.

View more questions Search