Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dain53052 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Good wireless signal but neither IE or Firefox will load pages
    I set up a wireless home network that was working well and then abruptly quit. My daughter's desktop computer running Windows XP shows that it has a good signal from the Zyxel 660 router (provided by the phone company) but IE reports the page won't load and that it can't find the server. The laptop we recently purchased works very well on this router so its going to be in her desktop computer. She claims not to have changed any setttings and I have been unable to locate the problem... not that I am an expert here anyway. Would appreciate some suggestions on where to look.

Thanks

dain53052
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Manually add the DNS server settings on your daughter's computer:
    https://hdc.tamu.edu/reference/docum...section_id=579
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 19, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Conduct a "repair" of the IP address to get a valid IP address from your router. To do this, right-click on the double computer icon within your active tray (bottom right hand corner) and then click on repair.

This will allow the router to reissue a DHCP address that is needed to complete your internet connections.

If you have done this, then reboot both your router and PC.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Try to ping the ip you were given by you ISP if is ping promtly let me know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good signal, high latency [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new Asus Wireless LAN PCI card and got it set up fine, it works, and I have internet access. However, when I do some internet activities - gaming/videos - I get a large latency (up to 700 when it used to be 70) and this effect is even worse if I open a program such as...

Unable to access cgi pages on wireless connection [ 1 Answers ]

When I use my laptop & wireless card with my friends access point I can connect to the web with out a problem. When logged into eBay viewing an item hyperlink I then try to look at the item i.e. cgi.ebay.co.uk page it fails. This does not happen when I an on dial up. Several other pages fail,...

PLease suggest good codes for Yellow Pages, Message board, classified ads [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please suggest good codes for Yellow Pages, Message board, classified ads, email manager on our website. We would like to use the codes if they are good and either free or reasonably priced instead of paying monthly We would like to have yellow pages where people can pay and post their...

Improving Wireless Signal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Motorola E95 wireless router and the signal is OK and I can receive it in manyrooms in my home but I would like to increase the coverage area without a lot of fuss. I would appreciate any suggestions. While I am somewhat computer savy, I am not a tech-head. RBJ:confused:

View more questions Search