Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Irrevokable trust
    I'm going to give an example for my question:
    If my mom had a irrevokable trust drawn up and it is supposed to distribute her property equally between myself and my brother when she dies and there was a provision in it stating: DURING MY LIFETIME I MAY APPOINTMENT ANY OTHER TRUSTEE TO ACT WITH ME OR IN MY PLACE BY ASSIGNED WRITING. If she appointed my brother to act in her place, would that make him the new trustee? Could he benefit any more than me when my mother passed? Would this make him in charge? Could he take possession or occupy the home? OR, AM I READING TOO DEEP INTO THIS AND WOULD THE TRUSTEE ONLY FULFILL THE TERMS OF THE TRUST?
    Thanks so much for your help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Its hard to answer without knowing the terms of the trust. But appointing a beneficiary of the trust as the trustee does not mean they will get anymore out of the trust then defined by the trust agreement. The only extra he might get is reimbursement for any expenses he incurs as trustee.

The trustee would be in charge of managing the assets of the trust and distributing those assets according to the terms of the trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irrevokable trust [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law has a irrevokable trust naming my husband and his sister as beneficieries when she dies. She can sell the home at anytime and disburse the funds in anyway while she is living and the trust will be voided. My question is: Is there anything that can be wrote in this irrevokable trust...

Will she trust me? [ 5 Answers ]

I have to say first that I am not currently married but, you could say that I am. I have been with my Girlfriend now for a long time and we are atuck so to say. I am in the military and we travel a lot and so is she. In the summer of 06' I was in Guam and when I got back someone started a F****D...

How do I get him to trust me [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I off six months have had one rollercoaster ride relationship. I found out recently that the reason he has gone cold on me is because he doesn't feel secure or trust's me? What should I do to regain his trust and make our relationship work? I love him very much and plan to spend...

Irrevokable trust [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My mother in law had my husband and his sister on her deed for many years to protect her assets from all her divorces. She told my husband she wanted to take them off the deed and make out a will. He did so and found out when he left the notary's office... the mom had another quit claim deed...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search