Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terry Barker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 06:42 AM
    Briggs & Stratton blows white smoke
    I have a Cub Cadit garden tractor 1500 series with a Briggs & stratton engine
    When coming off an incline the engine starts bolwing white smoke like it is pulling engine oil into combustion chamber. What causes this?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2005, 04:49 PM
    OK... need hp, is it a ohv or side valve, etc. as for incline, going up? Or down? About how steep is it? Make sure the oil is not overfilled. Have it right at the full mark. Doesn't do this anytime more? Has it just started doing it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

Briggs and Stratton 17 HP bellows white smoke [ 27 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a 17 hp OHV Briggs model #311707-0132-E1. I seems to run fine until I start mowing. The added pressure on the engine from the cutting is creating a huge cloud of white smoke. It stops as soon as I stop the blades and put it in neutral. I assume oil is getting...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp OHV - Won't Run [ 8 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that was running great. It shut off in the middle of cutting and that was that. If I pour gas in the carb it tries to start, so I know I have fire. I have plenty of gas going to the carb and the solenoid on the bottom is working fine. I had the carb off, took the main...

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

Briggs & stratton 16hp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet which had a 16hp BS motor with points. It went bad so I found another 16hp BS that does not have points, it has the magnetron ignition. I am having trouble getting it to fire, is there something that I need to change to the wiring to make it fire. The magnetron engine came...

View more questions Search