Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ellie1717 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 06:04 AM
    I keep crying
    I keep on crying and I don't know why. I've struggling at home and school. This could be why but I keep crying over stupid things like burning my toast or not having any credit on my mobile. I feel so stupid. No-one else knows how I feel and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know why I'm feeling like this? :confused: :confused: :( :( . Please help me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Let's start simple.

How old are you?

Dec 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Hi, I'm 17, sorry this reply is so late :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Are you under a lot of stress? Do you eat healthy? Get an adequate amount of sleep and exercise? How long has this been going on?
    needinghelp2getonmyfeet Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:24 PM
    No one will know exactly how you feel but I could relate to you in many ways. I cry a lot as well. Even about something so simple as not having a candy bar, like you do with burning your toast. Life isn't easy but in order to make it better; You need to find a balance in your life. When you feel as though you're about to break down... go into a different room... go outside smell the fresh air... look at a magazine... anything that will get you to feel better. Learn how to love yourself and things will begin to get better for you. Hope this helps. Anymore questions you might have, feel free to ask me. I'm no professional but I've been through a lot as well and if I can help you out any way possible, I will try and do just that. Good luck!

Dec 5, 2007, 06:51 AM
    I'm under some stress because I'm confused about my life, I don't know where it's going and I think my family hate me. My friends are all happy and I seem to always be sorting everyone else's problems before my own... I eat OK but I could be healthier. I don't get much sleep but that doesn't seem to affect me, if I have a lot or a little sleep, it doesn't change my behaviour or stress levels. I've been feeling bad for about a year but only really bad for about 6 months. I feel horrible and I keep saying things I don't mean to say. I just want to know why I'm feeling so bad... Sorry and Thanks
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Hi Ellie,

You aren't wrong on how you feel, you don't need to apologize for feelings,EVER! They are yours, good or bad.

Have you looked at what depression is?

Look at some sites and make your own personal assessment as to what it is and does.
    (I will look for some appropriate ones and post soon.)

6 months is a long time to be depressed without help, I know, I have been through this many times in 41 years(including 12 months,from 10/06 through 10/07)Please, look for help in school, family,friends,and of course in here:)

Can you identify why you might have a depressed mind, any one incident that might have triggered a depression?(no, it doesn't always need a trigger, just life can be depressing enough)

You say you feel horrible for saying things you don't mean to say, can you give a few examples of this?This would help to give a little more towards knowing you and better helping you towards a brighter future:)

Write back soon,

Ken

EDIT:Here are 3 sites to look at for self-testing depression, let me know if they help?KEN

Depression Test: Online Depression Self Test

EFFEXOR XR: Approved for Treatment of Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Welcome to the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety

Dec 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Hi, I've tried looking at depression but it confuses me but I do feel some of the things it says. Thank you for looking for me, I am very grateful.

I don't really have anyone to talk to, I feel too embarrassed and stupid. There isn't a trigger, just lots of different things, I keep arguing with people about things that don't matter. I'm also really unsensitive if people are ill or unhappy, I'm not usually like that.

Thank you so much, I am glad that I have someone to talk to, I just feel so unhappy. :(

Ellie
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:52 AM
    You could be more sensitive than many people on top of everything else. My daughter was like that and she cried a lot.
    Talk to your friends ask them what makes them happy and what type of things they get depressed over. Sometimes not talking and really getting to know others will make you feel isolated. If you ask your friends about these things you not only might get some ideas on how to be happier it could help you to form a deeper bond with your friends.
    Also find out what interests you hobbies and so forth and get involved with them.
    Think about things you want to do in life and how you want to go about accomplishing them and think about happy things.

... AND remember to try and learn something from all that happens.

Dec 6, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Thank you for the advice I will try speaking to my friends, I just feel like they will laugh. Everyone believes I'm happy and I never let my true feelings out. I'm afraid to tell them, even if they don't laugh, they will not understand. I tried talking to my friend before and she was kind but she only said a couple of things. I think she didn't know what to say. I don't have many friends. I just don't know who I can talk to properly. Thank you though, I will try again. Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
    You don't have to tell them how you feel or your emotions. You can just start a discussion like what things make you feel confident or how do you cope with things when you are upset and make the things you talk about --life in general type stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I keep crying? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm only 16yrs old and I think I have some kind of emotional or mental health problem. Over the past year I have started to become very emotional and it has now got to the point where I will sit and cry but I don't know why I'm doing it. I used to be very bubbly and confident but now I can't look...

Looks like I am crying! [ 5 Answers ]

I at least sometime in every season... though gladly not all the time... have tearing in both of my eyes. If I do not constantly wipe them away, I have tears streaming down my face. It also happens when I yawn. Any advice, or anyone with the same problem?

I'm crying [ 13 Answers ]

I'm 15, and heartbroken Yes I have a boyfriend, I want to break up with him but,His sister will have people jump me. He has a puppy that my mother is attached to. And if I break up with him my mom will never see the puppy again, and the puppy will continue to be abbused by my boyfriend, so we...

Crying in my sleep over nothing ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I'm esmee and I'm 13 I've recently been crying in my sleep, Im having trouble with a friend , I have "liked" him for a year now but he is with my best friend and he has just told me that a boy in a higher year likes me , but I don't really like him , it feels like there isn't an escape...

Crying Animals [ 6 Answers ]

Is Man the only animal who cries TEARS for EMOTIONAL feelings?

View more questions Search