Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zedan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:46 PM
    How To Start A Small Moving Company
    I am planning to start a moving business but do not know how to get it started,such as insurance and licensing.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 09:55 PM
    You might want to check out the bottom of this page to links of questions that have been similar to yours first.

After looking at the answers and you still have questions, then maybe I can help you. If I can't then I do know some people on this site who I can call attention to your specific questions. They might not be online right now so it might take some time for them to get to your questions.
    asset Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Starting a moving company takes planning. There are some steps you must take before starting a business. Here are a few of them: Write a business plan, draw up a projected budget, Register your assumed name, and get some legal advice. For more assistant, contact us at www.nerecycles2.com
    mikaelhedman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Getting help from someone who already knows the industry will help. You could buy a franchise but that's expensive and often restrictive. I do actually know a great growing moving company that my buddy Tom owns. It has has a great structure and he might be interested in helping you start it in your own city. He's at www.ArtistsMoving.com It's kind of a special case since he and his company are artists. Good luck!

-Mikael
    Klose Brothers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Me and my brother been working for moving companys to moving companys

So we know how to do the contracts, handle the customers, budget the money,and get the jobs done.

But are only problem is how to go about finding and getting the jobs online.

So my question is? What site do I go on to find customers that want to move?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to start my own moving company, but don't know where to begin. [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to start a moving business with my husband. He is currently working for a moving company, so I figured that it would be easy to learn the ins and outs. But he has been no help in learning the essentials. I don't really know where to start. What kind of liscensing I would need,...

Starting, a moving company [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I begin?

Work for a company in FL but moving to GA [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a full time employee for a company based in Florida and I am in the process of moving to Georgia. I will be maintaining my full-time status with this company (working out of my home) and am wondering what either I or my employer has to do in order to change my status from a Florida...

Starting a moving company [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start a small moving business?

Small company with out of state employees [ 1 Answers ]

We are based in NY, and we have employees with home offices in Georgia, Virginia, and Missouri. I know we file payroll taxes in these states, but do we have to file any corporate tax returns also?

View more questions Search