Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Nov 18, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Las Vegas Democratic debate.
    The recent Democratic debate, held in Las Vegas, provided little action with exception of the first fifteen minutes in which Obama came out on the offensive and Hillary Clinton returned fire making Obama appear sheepishly at a loss. Personally I disagreed on a fair portion of the issues with the panel of candidates, but I did like hearing from all candidates. If this is an indication of things to come, than I expect to see more out of Biden's sharp attitude, whom seemed almost angry in his explanations to questions, and Edwards to keep tempo on his average guy theme, which was amusing as he was wearing that good old boy grin. I think if women in America do decide to get the vote out for Hillary she will end up winning the Democratic nomination. Also I thought the questioning from the audience was too soft. Your turn! What impressions did you come away with after listening to the debate?

Bobby
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Joe Biden has been my candidate; however, I think it is painfully obvious that he is not really in it to get the nomination. :) OH well, he is some kind of facilitator, and perhaps he wants another job in the Democratic Administration.

HIllary continues to amaze me with her confidence and knowledge and her intelligence. She is the candidate who will maintain troops in Iraq for quite some time, the others are talking total withdrawal. Whenever she speaks about foreign polilcy, she sounds like she has had a lot of experience dealing with volitile foreign leaders.

Richardson seems to be running for vice president..

Dodd hasn't got an identity... he blends into the woodwork; consequently, his run is over.

Obama is the candidate of hope and change... he still comes off as too inexperienced. We have to have an experienced President... no on the job training. Really bad stuff is coming down in. for example, Pakistan. Not even to mention Iran etc.

Edwards comes off like an empty suit, but I know by his speeches that he isn't. I don't know if he can get it together.

Kucinich is a great guy to have on a slate of debaters... a guy with a copy of the Constitution in his pocket, and a man full of opinions and ideas.

I'm looking forward to the n ext debate and more interesting and germain questions. That's just not going to happen, I'm afraid.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 07:36 PM
    The questioning is always too soft and pre determined. When someone has the nerve to ask a hard question they better watch out!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 05:12 AM
    CNN did their part in putting the Hillary coronation back on track . The only thing I find interesting in the Democrat contest is the attempt by Obama to make this a generational contest . He started this theme right before the debate ,and was fortified (coincidentally )by a cover story in Atlantic Monthy December issue by Andrew Sullivan call "Goodby to all that " Goodbye to All That .

Hillary is back to her "vast right wing conspiracy " playbook . She dismisses critique of her positions by stating that the American people "know where I stand" and accused her rivals of distorting her record and slinging mud "right out of the Republican playbook".

Wolfe Blitzer of course enabled this by not challenging her contradiction in her various responses about drivers licenses for illegals . He let her get away with a one word response.

It has also been revealed that CNN planted questioners in the audience . According to CNN, they were "ordinary people, undecided voters.” Plant #1: LaShannon Spencer, whom Blitzer introduced as an "undecided voter", in truth, she served as the political director of the Democratic Party of Arkansas.Plant #2: Khalid Kahn, who expressed concern about profiling and the Patriot Act, asked "[m]y question is that -- our civil liberties have been taken away from us. What are you going to do to protect Americans from this kind of harassment?" Kahn is the president of the Islamic Society of Nevada .In fact, Kahn in no stranger to CNN, appearing on a show called Keeping the Faith in Sin City.Plant #3: Suzanne Jackson -- mother of a three-term Iraq war veteran -- is also a well-known antiwar activist. She appeared in the Las Vegas Review Journal protesting -- with a poor monkey, no less -- outside of Harry Reid's office in May.Plant #4: Maria Luisa -- the UNLV student who asked Hillary Clinton whether she preferred "diamonds or pearls" -- wrote that CNN forced her to ask the "frilly" question instead of a pre-approved query regarding the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste facility. Ironically even with this question Hillary waffled .

The final proof of the CNN -Clinton collaboration was in the post -debate round table where James Carville and David Gergen ;both former Clintonoids served as a CNN analysts of the debate. Predictably, they thought she did great and Barack Obama didn't.

As for Obama; he was given 2 weeks to prepare an answer about the issue but still managed to blow it and appear vacillating . He is not ready for prime time despite Andrew Sullivan's gushing idolatry .

John Edwards has already proven he is in over his head. The rest of the field is competing for various positions in the Clinton Cabinet (except Kucinich who still appears to be from another planet)

Forced to choose between the group I still like Richardson's experience over all the others . Joe Biden lifted from the constraints of being a serious candidate has been remarkably candid and refreshing in his honesty .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Hillary was obviously well scripted for the debate. I'm still waiting for an answer to something from her besides "the failure of the Bush administration to..." and "I've put forth very specific policies about what I will do as president." Oh that's right, she did finally say "no" to the drivers license for illegals issue.

Obama tried but as you said he looked "sheepishly at a loss," a little tongue tied at times.

Edwards, well... he is a pretty one isn't he?

Dodd? He had one good point, the American people "wonder if anybody in Washington is paying any attention to them."

Richardson, the governor of our neighbor state, smiled on cue. I like Bill, but I think Choux may be right in he's campaigning for VP. I think he covered a base that just might suit whoever the nominee turns out to be.

Kucinich played the to the fringe crowd of course, I loved his answer on drivers licenses for illegal immigrants, "I take issue with your description of people being illegal immigrants. There aren't any illegal human beings." Closely followed by, "you give people a path to legalization, and then they can be legal and have their driver's license." I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Biden has actually been fun to watch, he doesn't stand a chance.

Steve

P.S. Leave it to the Dallas secondary to help make all the Redskin receivers that have sucked so bad this year look so good. Oh well, it was a win. Maybe they won't suck on Thanksgiving this year. Go Cowboys!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 03:14 AM
    Steve Be careful the Jets picked off the Steelers Sunday. This is one of them mouse trap games .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Steve Be careful the Jets picked off the Steelers Sunday. This is one of them mouse trap games .
    Lately, any Thanksgiving game is a mouse trap game for the Boys. And just think, after making those 3 Skins receivers look good again we get to defend Coles and Cotchery this week. But I feel a monster game from Marian the Barbarian coming on Thursday.

I hope Detroit catches the Packers in the trap - as long as Jennings gets a couple of TD's. And speaking of Detroit and Thanksgiving, Lions 68th Thanksgiving Day Game to Become First 100% Carbon Neutral Game:

DETROIT, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Ford Field is set to become the first NFL stadium to hold a 100% carbon neutral game on Thursday, November 22 when Ford Field and the Detroit Lions offset GHG (Green house gas) and CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions for the Lions 68th Thanksgiving Day game.

Every organization contributes to carbon dioxide emissions through its everyday operations, and Ford Field will take a positive position to offset 100% of its Carbon Footprint with the assistance of Carbon Credit Environmental Services (CCES) of Detroit Carbon Neutral Programs, Global Warming and Carbon Dioxide CO2 - Carbon Credit Environmental Services - Home.

Ford Field's carbon neutral event will offset 1,866,000 pounds of GHG/CO2 emissions in one day, including:

- Removing CO2 emissions from 28,260 cars for one-day travel to the event
    - Removing CO2 emissions from one 747 jet of fans for the one-day event
    - Removing CO2 emissions from 255,675 KWh of electricity usage from the Ford Field event
    - Reducing a total of 933/tons of GHG, CO2 emissions for the one-day event

The calculations for this event included all of the CO2 emissions for the energy usage from electricity, gas and water used at Ford Field, along with the emissions emitted from the travel of the fans (automotive, air) and the opposing team.

CCES has planted 150,000 trees as a carbon sink. This means that each tree planted will absorb the GHG, CO2 emissions and clean the air in our global environment.

Other programs of CCES include solar power, wind energy and methane recovery.

Ford Field is part of the future and greening of our planet globally.

Individuals can become part of the goal to reduce global warming through these simple tips:

1. Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient ones 2. Unplug chargers (cell phones, blackberries, ipods, etc.) 3. Turn off lights/TV when not in use 4. Shut down your computer completely 5. Take public transportation 6. Ride a bike 7. Drive a hybrid 8. Use biodegradable disposable plates, cups, forks, spoons 9. Purchase carbon offsets (Carbon Neutral Programs, Global Warming and Carbon Dioxide CO2 - Carbon Credit Environmental Services - Home)

While the changes Ford Field is making are ambitious and groundbreaking, the sports industry is beginning to get behind this issue. There are still considerable obstacles to overcome, whether it's encouraging investments in greener television production technologies or simply forcing ourselves and our partners to think GREEN and do things differently. Ford Field has started the initiative and is a leader in this endeavor, creating the perfect place for the rest of us to start.
    It's unclear if they accounted for the emissions resulting from all the brats, chili dogs and beer that will be consumed at the game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Las Vegas, NV Tenant Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Renting Townhouse, Neighbors have music coming through walls, A.M. & P.M. have reported to office manager, security, and metro. What are my options as a tenant, and can I get rent deductions? Office has informed me they are evicting my neighbors, however it has been a month and a half and nothing...

Driving from San Francisco to Las Vegas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, We are planning a 3 centre holiday for next year, driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco, then San Francisco to Las Vegas, then back to Los Angeles. We want to drive from SF to LV via Death Valley, but maps say that this is one hell of a drive, and we had hoped we could do it in...

Las Vegas hotel with big bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me... I'm looking for a hotel in las vegas in which in the bathroom the bathtub is extra large. But I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. I've never been there and I'm starting to plan my wedding so any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Luxor Tower Room Las Vegas, NV [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever stayed in a tower room at the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? If so, I am interested in knowing if your room had a good view. I have stayed in a pyramid room there with a terrible view and a pyramid suite with a great view, but am considering a tower room for an upcoming trip with a...

View more questions Search