Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fancyface7023 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Annuities and the Rule of ‘72?
    I don't understand what Annuities and the Ruls of 72 is? Can someone help explain this to me please.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 19, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyface7023
    I don't understand what Annuities and the Ruls of 72 is? Can someone help explain this to me please.
    I don't see any direct relation but annuities generally and I mean "generally" since there are many different types of annuities for different financial issues, they generally offer a "lifetime" income, an income that one cannot outlive. It's possible to save, save, then live longer than the usual life expectancy and run out of income... annuities offer a lifetime income. I use the rule of 72's to quickly calculate how long it will take for a given amount of money to double in value at a given interest rate... i.e. $1,000.00 deposited into a bank acct pay 6% interest will double in approx 12 years (6X12=72.) or if you earn 12% it only takes about 6 yrs to double.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use Annuities [ 1 Answers ]

What are the ways to loose money on Annuities? Can you take a loan against these things for investment purposes?

Future values of annuities [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question What is the future value of a 5 year annity due that promises to pay me $300 a year? Assuming that all payments are reinvested at 7 percent 6/27/07 I have answer now

Taxes on inherited annuities [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited money from two annuities after my mothers death last year. I have received 1099 form stating the amount that is taxable. AmI required to pay taxes on these ,or is the full value that I received a part of non taxed inheritance?

Annuities [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with figuring annuities.

View more questions Search