Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NOTLD Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Blower turns on and off / flame works fine
    I have a Luxaire Delux High Efficiency Furnace (PBNU-LD12N1000)that probably isn't to efficient since it's about 15 years old. I recently bought a new home and have had trouble with the blower in the furnace turning off before the house is heated to the correct temp. It will then turn itself back on after about 30 seconds. It does this about 3 times every heating cycle. I have noticed water build up in the hose leading to the blower and drained it. A little water was also in the bottom of the blower itself and I tried to suck as much out as possible before replacing the hose. The flame never shuts off during a heating cycle and seems to be functioning propery.

Thanks for any help and ideas,

Sean
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Sounds like you have a fan control that is out of calibration or just defective.
    I believe in the sticky there is a section on fan controls. This is located at the beginning of this board. NOTE always check your filters also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre Flame motor turns on No Spin [ 3 Answers ]

My pre-ignition motor clicks on but will not spin. The motor spins freely by hand. Not hanging up on anything. Is the motor bad? Can I fix it myself by taking the motor apart? Could it be brushes in the motor? Please help. Thank you!

Intermittent blower on a/c only, works fine with heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 or 98 Coleman Natural Gas Furnace with A/C. The blower works fine during the winter when I use heat. When I use the A/C, it seems that once the blower starts working for a bit on a hot day, it evetually (if on for more than 10 minutes at a time or so) starts kicking on and off while...

Flame turns off... [ 2 Answers ]

My heater will start but the flame will go out after a couple minutes. The fan, however, will continue to run afterwards. I just changed the thermostat to see if that was the problem and it works fine. Is this a problem with the flame sensor? I just want to make sure before I buy a new one. ...

Wireless internet works fine, but. [ 3 Answers ]

For some reason, any computers that are connected via a cord cannot access the internet. Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? I've checked all the cords and they're fine... internet worked perfectly last night, too.

Reset works fine, but... [ 5 Answers ]

This Kenmore dishwasher, model 1376, works great and very quiet also. ... and then it stopped working. I suspect I might have placed something in there that blocked the spray arms. What worries me is that there wasn't/isn't any blinking light to indicate "fault" has been detected. Hope I didn't...

View more questions Search