Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srs178 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106?
    Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106.

The question is should I include the 1099-MISC amount on the front of my 1040 as income or since my expenses are exactly equal to the amount listed on the 1099, just list them on the 2106?

For some background, I'm being asked to amend my 2005 taxes because I did not receive the 1099 and never took it into account. I would prefer not to have to list this as income and then include the expenses on my schedule A since I would be liable for the 2%. I'm looking for an even 'wash' here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
    You can report the amount on Line #7 of Form 2106, which you attach to the amended return.

Attach a statement to the amended return explaining that the Form 1099 income was reimbursement for employee business expenses.

That account for the Form 1099 and gets you the "wash" you desire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received my W2c. Which form to fill - form 843 or 1040x? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was deducted social security and medicare taxes by my employer in the year 2006. Now, since I was under student Visa (F1) at the time of employment, I was not supposed to have been taxed the SS and medicare taxes. I have already informed my company, and they have sent me the corrected W2...

Slope-intercept form and standard form. [ 1 Answers ]

how do I find the slope intercept form of (-7,-4); m=-1/2 and the standard form of (-5,2);m=2/5 (16/3,-9);m=0 (3,-3);m=-3/8

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

J1 trainee business expenses and 2106 form [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! The more I research this subject the more controversial it seems to me. J1 trainee comes to the USA for practical training for less then 12 months. Can he file 2106 and deduct expenses such as food, travel, lodging etc? I know lots J1. Many of them filed 2106 and got all tax back....

Form 1040nr and 2106 [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am an non-resident allien for tax purposes. Can I file together with 1040NR Also forms 2106-Employee Business Expenses and 3903-Moving expenses? Or are these form just for 1040 US citizens? Thank you HPE7777

View more questions Search