Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephieSue7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Whirlpool dryer won't heat
    I have a whirlpool electric dryer and it will come on the drum turns but it will not get hot and clothes will not dry. I am a single female trying to fix this on my own because of lack of funds. I was able to print a diagram off the internet about how to take it apart but I don't know where to begin on finding the actual problem. I have checked the breakers and they are OK but where do I go next? I am not sure when I take it apart how do I know which part is bad? Do I have to change each one at a time to try to figure it our or is there a way I can eliminate possibilities?
    Thanks in advance for any answers
    sidhe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Heating element.
    This has happened to me w/ acouple of dryers. If there is no fuse for it you'll probably have to replace the heating element. Get the model number and call an appliance store to find out the cost. It is not really difficult to do it's just that some of the heating elements can be expensive. Might be cheaper to just go buy a used dryer. I was a single Mom w/ four kids. NOT having a dryer is the pitts. Only do tis if you are mechanically inclined and have the proper tools,usually just screwdrivers and the right curse words. Instructions usually come with the part. UNPLUG!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Free Dryer Repair Guide - Dryer won't heat up Our dryer would not heat and my husband had to replace the thermal heat fuse... hope this link helps you out.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 19, 2007, 05:29 AM
    The thermal fuse is a good possibility but if you would like I can walk you through the entire process of diagnostics and repair so we get it right the first time. I need a few things from you. First please supply the complete model number. Next follow all of my instructions. Third you will need an ohms meter. If you don't have one you will need to borrow one or purchase one. If you are purchasing one they can be found cheap in the automotive section of your local Wal Mart for under $10. I will teach you how to use it if you don't know how. Let me know when you are ready.
    simplemind00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Hi I am Joel I had the same problem with my dryer. It turned out the thermostat was bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer "Intermittent heat [ 6 Answers ]

Whirlpool gas dryer model GGQ8858HQI. Heat will not come on intermittantly although cycle runs normally. Sensor pad (part 3976479) fell out some time ago. This part looks like it should have electrical connectors plugged into it although I took the back off the machine and could not see any loose...

Whirlpool Microwave won't heat food [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool Microwave above Stove won't heat food

Whirlpool Dryer (GGW9868KQ2) spins, but no heat [ 0 Answers ]

My wife's 3 year-old Whirlpool Dryer (model GGW9868KQ2) will spin, but does not generate any heat. It had been functioning fine before that (no noises or anything). Does anyone know if there is a circuit-breaker-type reset button on that model dryer? I thought I remembered...

View more questions Search