Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ken8786 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Try to open C:\ get error message (can not run in win32 mode)
    Why will c:\ not open. I get error message the C:\ application can not run in win32 mode. I am running winXP pro. I just reinstalled because of virus created errors in windows
    Ochee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Did you put your personal data back on the machine? Did you install downloaded programs/games? Maybe you put the virus back on the computer. What antivirus program did you use to ensure that your data backup was clean ( if you even saved anything). Could be that you need to run the clean install again. It happens, check your disk for scratches and smudges or try a different disk.
    ken8786 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochee
    di d you put your personal data back on the machine? Did you install downloaded programs/games? Maybe you put the virus back on the computer. What antivirus program did you use to ensure that your data backup was clean ( if you even saved anything). Could be that you need to run the clean install again. It happens, check your disk for scratches and smudges or try a different disk.

I tried many things. Cleaned regertry, updated windows files ran Norton, AVG, and nod32 antivirus Ad aware spyware no errors still did not work. Finally did a clean install. Deleted both partitions and made one big partion.

We have an internet cfee fot last 15 months first time for this problem. Have had to clean install several times before. I suspect a virus or something infected the machine that didn't get erased on first two clean installs. We have 10 machines. One runs xp home, my laptop has vista the rest run xp pro.

Anyway the machine is now working normal. Being an internet customers run chat programs that may not be safe and access sites of questionable content My protection software gets most problems but some slip through.

Thank everyone for assistance problem went away. Mabe not fixed though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting error message cannot run scripts on this page windos xp Ie 6 [ 4 Answers ]

When trying to print a page as instructed by a website dialog. Like click Print to print this page. I ges and error Error has occurred while trying to run scripts on this page, Thus I cannot print the page. Help. Elwin

How can I know the mail receiver open my message [ 3 Answers ]

Is there is any option on outlook to know that the receiver receive my email or not I saw it on a lot of the clients computers is that a feature on the outlook

Error message [ 4 Answers ]

Help me. Every time I turn on my computer I get this message A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:00c9106c. The current application will be terminated. I am using Windows 98SE What does this mean message mean and how do I fix it?

Error message [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I just bought my new dell PC, when I was setting it up, I found my mic doewsnt work. It says error message 0x80004005, it then says to install it from my add remove programs but its not in there. I was just wondering what kind of sound card I have in it, should it been SOUNDMAX,and if so...

View more questions Search