Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlands26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 11:43 PM
    nursing care plan with priority nursing dx
    I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient. Some demetia. Was npo from time of fall till the next afternoon. Once was allowed to eat patient only ate three bites of her food and refused fluids. The arm that is possibly broken has skin broken at elbow and bruising from elbow up half the back of the arm, edema present, mimimal bleeding.
    vital signs all within normal capillary refill was less than 3 sec. toes and feet move with ease.good strength in unaffected arm with barely any strength in affected arm oriented x2. Warm dry pale skin poor skin turgor. I've intake for 7hrs was 469 and urine output was 350 with 2 pasty brown bm's. Urinalysis everything in normal limits
    electrolytes all in normal limits cbc= hgb 10.9, hct 32.5, rbc 3.70, wbc 16.6
    alert, calm, responsive, speech clear. That's all I have on the patient someone please help me
    SandraDwana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Have you looked at Impaired Physical Mobility

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK? Which institutions do I ge to for assistance

Nursing [ 3 Answers ]

My baby spits up constantly has anyone else had this problem with their child if so what did you do?

Assets considered for payment of nursing home care [ 3 Answers ]

Last December, I loaned my mother money to purchase a co-op share in Florida. We put the share in her name. My mother has recently taken sick and will need nursing home care. At the time of the loan, we did a 7% note from her payable to me and had it notorized at a bank. According to the...

Nursing care plan (prenatal) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was assigned to do a nursing care plan on a patient (I am a student nurse) who would like to take a regular vitamin rather than a vitamin that includes folic acid. I have 2 care plan books & none seem to have any supporting evidence of any good nursing diagnoses or plans of care in this...

View more questions Search