Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matthewst Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:39 PM
    1886 White Sewing Machine
    I recently acquired an antique White Sewing Machine. It is in a cabinet that is in fair to good shape for its age. It still has all of the original hardware and attachments, and it also has the original Certificate of Warranty showing the date of sale as being Sept 23, 1886. The plate number on the machine is 568134. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate value of this machine? I have been searching the internet but have not found anything yet. Thanks!:p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Wow, you still have the original Certificate of Warranty! Cool! I would frame that and hang or place it somewhere by the machine.

If you look down at the bottom of this page, you will find links to questions that have been similar to yours. You might want to click on them and see what the answers are.

I'm going to try and find an answer that I gave someone else and post it here. It could also be one of the answers to a question that you see on the bottom of this page.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Here are a couple of quotes from an answer that I gave concerning antique sewing machines.

A lot of people will say that the old machines don't have much value because they keep appearing in yard and garage sales, etc.

However, some of the machines from the early era of them can be quite beautiful in the artwork on the machines themselves and also in the cabinetry work.

They can make a nice display in the home if you get creative and put some things around them that are also from the same era from when they were made. Conversation pieces.

In my home, almost every piece of furniture has a story behind it.
    Whether it has much monetary value depends on its condition, beauty and what someone would want to pay for it.
    You also might want to type sewing machine into the search function at the top of this page. On at least a couple of the links, should be links to one or two sites where you can look up history about the machines.

Also, you might want to do a Google search for sewing machine eBay. You will probably find some links then as to how much people are wanting to sell them for and are also willing to pay to purchase them.
    fireftnchick Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Follow this link:

arachnesobsession's photos and albums on webshots

Katie Farmer has done EXTENSIVE research of antique and vintage White sewing machines. She will be very interested in adding your information to her databse and albums I am betting. PLEASE contact her.
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fireftnchick
    follow this link:

arachnesobsession's photos and albums on webshots

Katie Farmer has done EXTENSIVE research of antique and vintage White sewing machines. She will be very interested in adding your information to her databse and albums I am betting. PLEASE contact her.
    Thanks for providing the link! Looks like a great resource there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Date for sewing machine [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has a montgomery ward sewing machine .It is an antique no doubt but I was wondering if anybody had a website to help me?

Old sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old black electric sewing machine in wooden cabinet with the brandname UNIVERSAL (made in Japan). I do not know how old it is but would like to know how to find a manual for it and also an estimate of the value. I have been unable to find any info on this brand anywhere. Please help

Dressmaker/Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anyone knew any good sewing machines to use for dressmaking. I am going to take a course for dressmaking and I am really planning on making like wedding dresses, prom dresses, ball gowns... anyone know any sewing machines that could help? And a link to a pic would be nice too.

Domestic sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a domestic sewing machine . The numbers on the needle bar is 1858 40 . This is a treadle sewing machine. I am not interested in selling it but would like to know the year it was made. If anyone could help that would be great!! Thank-you in advance.

View more questions Search