Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MYOUNG96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Bank Account Hold
    We have just learned that our account has a lien as of tonight we received no information in regards to a lien or have had not documentation from a law firm trying to collect a debt. We have no over draft protection and our account has been overdrawn for over 5,000.00. Is this legal and who would have the legal right to interrupt a personal account?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MYOUNG96
    We have just learned that our account has a lien as of tonight we received no information in regards to a lien or have had not documentation from a law firm trying to collect a debt. We have no over draft protection and our account has been overdrawn for over 5,000.00. Is this legal and who would have the legal right to interrupt a personal account?
    Contact your bank.

It's possible you've dodged the phone calls and envelopes from someone attempting to collect on a debt.

It's also possible, if you don't have any debt the went to judgement, that your bank tagged the wrong account number.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Yes, if you have a debt you owe for a large amount yes they would have went to court and got a judgement, and frooze your account, I doubt this would happen without someone knowing who it could be.

Of course you did not say you did not know who it could be, you only said you did not receive documents from an attorney
    NRS4RYH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Your bank is also obligated to tell you who they dispersed monies to. If you really don't know start at the bank and work the eqation backwards and you will find the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with bank account [ 4 Answers ]

My husand set up an automatic transfer from his business account. He will not tell me who he is sending the money to. I have his business account number and the account number that the money is being transferred to, but no name. How do I find out the name of the person that the money is being...

Hold on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?

Bank Hold & garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I received notice of judgement. My bank account was put on hold. I called the law offices. I agreed to make an initial payment and then make monthly payments. They said they would release my account after I went to the bank and signed the release of payment. I had two judgements for the same...

Hold On Account [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved to Texas changed my address at my bank.I received a judgment in the mail from from Erie county in New York. I now have a hold on my account is this legal also my account only holds social security benefits as I am disabled Please help:confused:

Hold on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited my federal student loan check in my bank account and a hold was placed on the account by an unknown creditor. I never received notice. Can my federal studen loan monies be held if it is to be used for education?

View more questions Search