Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trimmlarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 02:36 PM
    What or how do you claim anexemption for bank account frozen jointly?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2007, 05:20 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You have to prove that the funds in the account are exempt or not generated by you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 05:54 PM
    You have to go to the court that issued the order to freeze the account, and present evidence that the money in the account ( or what percent) belongs to the other person. Deposits slips that match pay chekcs and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint accounts [ 6 Answers ]

If a father dies and all his accounts are joint accounts with his daughter. Can credit card companies come after the daughter/

Freezing joint personal checking accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Can a creditor freeze a joint personal account if only one person has a judgement against them?

Garnishments on Joint Bank Accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I live in San Jacinto, CA, and on March 6th received a letter from an attorney in Redondo Beach alerting me of a judgement (already passed) on a Capital One account I once had. The last time I had heard of the possibility of being sued by Capital One was back in 2002. I currently owe them...

Estate taxes/joint accounts [ 2 Answers ]

If I set up a joint account using my ss number with my daughter, how is that taxed when I die? If she draws a check for 50M to buy a car for herself, do I pay a gift tax on it (Minus the yearly allowance)?:) ]

View more questions Search