Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racingprincess57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 09:29 PM
    Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think
    There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she wanted to keep her from being "put out to pasture" She went through the mirror in search of some berries to keep her youthful. The only thing else I remember was that there was a sea of glass in the magic land. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.
    pebbles0343 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 01:05 AM
    I think it's huggabunch, hope that helps
    softballfanatic2010 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Oh my gosh I so thought I dreamed that!! I don't know what it is called, but at least I know I'm not crazy!!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 11:55 AM
    I used to have the Hugga Bunch dolls. The girl had pink hair, with a pink outfit.
    takara81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
    The movie is called -The Hugga Bunch-

And for some reason this movie is disturbing to me... I could only remember bits and pieces of it...

Ya know the hugga bunch dolls? I had tons of them! :)
    takara81 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by softballfanatic2010
    oh my gosh i so thought i dreamed that!!!!! i don't know what it is called, but at least i know i'm not crazy!!!
    I THOUGHT I DREAMED ABOUT THAT TOO!
    jenbel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by racingprincess57
    There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she wanted to keep her from being "put out to pasture" She went through the mirror in search of some berries to keep her youthful. The only thing else I remember was that there was a sea of glass in the magic land. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.
    Wow... I thought this was a dream too... glad some other girls saw it too. Weird.
    freckledone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 04:11 PM
    OH MY GOD!!! I was looking for the same movie....The only thing I remembered about it was that they were going to put grandma out to pasture and the glass thing...I googled 80s kids movies, clicked on this and saw your posting!! SO STRANGE and EXCITING at the same time....
    cil84 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by racingprincess57
    I also thought I had dreamt this but its definitely "The Hugga Bunch". I think I had one of the dolls from it as well...
    freckledone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 05:36 AM
    yup...it def is the hugga bunch movie. someone has posted this on youtube. it is broken up into 4 segments. quality is so-so, but it was fun to watch. i snagged the dvd off ebay yesterday!!
    pinkchick_888 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 03:51 AM
    OMGSH!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I freakin love this move and I actually bought it off eBay, I had my friends watch it with me and they thought it was creepy, but I used to love this move when I was a kid I'm so glad other people have seen it too lol
    dade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freckledone
    OH MY GOD!!! I was looking for the same movie....The only thing I remembered about it was that they were going to put grandma out to pasture and the glass thing...I googled 80s kids movies, clicked on this and saw your posting!! SO STRANGE and EXCITING at the same time....
    I did the same thing!! I have been trying to find this movie for 5 years (silly me never thought of doing a Google search as I had no idea of the name). I can't believe how many other people out there are in the same position. Every movie store I go into just think I am crazy. I was reading one of the other threads and they were saying that there are a few people a day looking for this movie!!

My little sister used to love the movie all I could remember was the Grandma etc. my sisters fav part was when the doll is in the washing machine! When she learned she could do the same she was not happy.

But thanks heaps everyone... now I know I'm not crazy (well maybe only a little).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a late 80's/early 90's cartoon children's movie... [ 11 Answers ]

I must have seen this movie a hundred times and I have no clue what it is. The characters were creatures of some sort - mice, hedgehogs, something. The little sister of one of the mice, we'll call them for clarity's sake, got really sick and all the mice took her to an old woman mouse in the woods...

A really obscure/random children's movie from the late 80's early 90's [ 3 Answers ]

All right, I don't remember much from it, but it has been bothering me for a long time... so if anyone could help me out I will love you forever. The movie has a bad guy who I don't really remember, but his minions are dark and shadowy and might make mechanical noises when they move. There is a...

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

Late 80's early 90's children's movie about penguins [ 8 Answers ]

OK I'm about to be 19 and the movie I'm looking for I ALWAYS watched when I was younger. It was about two baby penguins there was a blue one and a pink one and they get captured and put on a ship (I think it was winter). They are trying to escape from the ship and they hide behind a bunch of...

Late 80's early 90's Saturday morning TV show [ 7 Answers ]

I believe this show is from the late 80's or early 90's. It is about a father and daughter who found a "portal" to a prehistoric land. It aired on Saturday mornings. Any ideas ?

View more questions Search