Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isleroyale Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 05:48 PM
    Run blower without heat?
    Hi,
    I have a weather king propane furnace. I do not know the age. I have a simple dial thermostat. I would like to figure out how to run the blower without the heat. The wires from the thermo going into furnace have the three wires but the green is not connected to anything. The red is connected to the transformer and the white is connected to the device which controls the gas. I have located the fan limit. I do not see any places to connect the green wire.

I am using a woodstove this winter and the cold air return is right next to it. I would like to use it to return warm air to other parts of house by using the blower by itself.

Thanks for your help!
    Nate
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2005, 08:21 PM
    This is fairly simple if the furnace has a G terminal. It should also have an R terminal from the transformer. Any switch connected between the R and G should start the blower. You could connect any little switch between them either at the furnace or the thermostat using the green wire. The switch needs to be rated for 24 volts and less than an amp. Any little SPST, maintained switch from Radio shack or a hardware should work. It won't hurt if it is rated way more that the 24 volts. SPST, maintained simply means it has 2 terminals and stays on or off when switched.

Harder, but can be done without a G terminal too if you ask how.
    isleroyale Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 08:33 PM
    I do not see any place to attach the green wire. The red goes into the transformer and the transformer is wired into the fan limit. The white wire goes into the thing that controls the gas and that is wired into the fan limit via what looks to me are a series of sensors.

Thanks!
    Nate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower not working with Heat- OK with AC [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recent HVAC system and not too long ago I had to remove the blower and lube the bushings because it had frozen. This was with the AC Now, that's its cold and we turned the heat on the blower either comes on for a bit and then quits or doesn't come on at all. I can turn the AC on and the...

Blower on top of heat pump not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman heat pump that is less than 2 years old and has worked well up until a couple of days ago. Now, the air conditioning and the heat will not work, but the fan and furnace still works. After checking things out myself for small problems with the electrical box, etc, I noticed that...

Blower not shutting off, heat comes on while in off position [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, The blower motor will not shut off unless done at the breaker. It will stay on even in "auto" position and when heat is not on. What's really weird is that last night even though the unit was in "off" position the heat actually come on during the night to the tempature that was set......

Blower fan works in A/C but not heat [ 8 Answers ]

A couple of weeks ago my Lennox G20Q3E-75-1 was acting up. Gas valve was cycling when calling for heat and then once satisfied and the main burners went out the pilot light was staying lit. I thought it might be the flame sensor as far as the gas valve cycling and didn't want to tear into it so I...

2 heat sources... one blower? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm hooking up an outdoor woodburner as my main heat source (hot water w/radiator in existing ductwork) and using my existing forced air oil furnace as a backup. 2 thermostats. How do I wire up the blower motor so that both thermostats don't "kick" on at once and give the motor 220V? Is there a...

View more questions Search