Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Leaf Blower
    I have a leaf blower and I think I ran it with too little oil and now the cord will not pull through to start the machine. Is there anything I can do to fix that?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 19, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Probably not, running w/o proper oil/gas ratio will cause the engine to zeize/lock/crack and it will be too costly to repair.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Rbm maybe correct, but you could try this,
    Remove the spark plug and spray the best penetrating oil you can find into the spark plug hole, I prefer PB Blaster, and allow it to set for an hour or so. Then try to work the cord, if no results, remove the covers to the engine to gain access to the fan or the flywheel, and try and work it back and forth. If this works, keep working it until it moves freely. And if it works, the engine will never be quite the same again, but it will possibly get you by. If this does not work, scrap it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaf blower will not start [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 25cc leaf blower that I have been struggling with. I have taken a lot of advice here but still can not get it to start. It has spark, the carb 'looks' clean (no gunk), I can see gas pass through the tubes from the tank to the engine, and the oil/gas mixture is correct. The only...

Leaf blower will not start [ 10 Answers ]

How do I get a 2 year old Craftsman leaf blower to start?

Gas Leaf Blower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a McCulloch 32cc Gas Blower.When I put the choke on it starts and then when I put it on run it dies out.

Leaf blower nightmare [ 1 Answers ]

Our next door neighbor runs his leaf blower a minimum of 5 to 7 hours a day non stop only to fill up with gas. It makes a loud shrill sound and is driving us crazy. He will go on for weeks at a time. We are wearing down fast. He wears ear muffs and is retired. I don't think he knows how annoying...

Craftsman leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old craftsman leaf blower and it gets hot fast what could cause this.

View more questions Search