Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 17, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Math Major for College
    What other MAINLY math websites are there please, I am thinking of using my GI Bill to go back to school and I will need all the help I can get, if I start with Algebra 107 I am just going to keep taking math classes all the way through a BA, possibly through a Masters level.

Adult education at the Military base is very fast paced, I will not have the chance to sit though a nine month course, it may be 12 or 16 weeks, twice a week, very quick. I am not that smart anymore like when I was in High School or a young Troop making a new stripe the first or second go around.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 18, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane in Japan
    What other MAINLY math websites are there please, I am thinking of using my GI Bill to go back to school and I will need all the help I can get, if I start with Algebra 107 I am just going to keep taking math classes all the way through a BA, possibly through a Masters level.

Adult education at the Military base is very fast paced, I will not have the chance to sit though a nine month course, it may be 12 or 16 weeks, twice a week, very quick. I am not that smart anymore like when I was in High School or a young Troop making a new stripe the first or second go around.
    Does the military still offer college level correspondence courses? I took one many years ago and found it perfect - you study at your own pace, you get individual instructor comments on your homework, etc.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 08:54 AM
    A mathematics major can typically require anywhere from 30-45 credits in mathematics. 12-16 weeks is the typical length of one semester and the length of time it takes to complete any course, mathematics or otherwise. Most individual mathematics courses are 4 credits. You'll want to pace yourself accordingly and take as many credits per semester as you can reasonably handle. Keep in mind the general rule of thumb; two hours working outside of for every hour spent in class. For a 4-credit course, that'd be 4 hours a week in class and 8 hours outside of class for a total commitment of 12 hours per week.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 18, 2007, 10:30 AM
    12 to 16 weeks, twice a week for me on the military base will be the entire course, 100% of Algebra 107 or what ever class I take.

Yes classes are offered through DE and as long as I can get questions answered, I will be fine, a tutor would be better, I can afford one and some other websites would be nice too for theory, I know I can't get my homework done through a forum, I would not want to, math was my favorite subject but I no longer have the brain cells to put formulas to memory, plain and simple.

I also will only be a 1/2 student, receiving half pay, taking only one class per term.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this college major in Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Is James Madison A Medical school?

Choosing a College Major [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the process of transferring from a community college to a university to attain a bachelor degree. I chose to major in Marketing and after talking to various people: college counselors, parents, people who went to college and those that don't, I am completely unsure of myself right...

I don't know what I am supposed to major in at college [ 14 Answers ]

Ok so this is my question what am I supposed to major in at college if I want to be an obstetrician/gynecologist??

Depressed 21 why.o. Trapped in college major. Feels meaningless. Thought of suicide [ 8 Answers ]

Basically I got in nyu. Chose business as a major because I was unsure what to do. I'm a junior now and am just as miserable in the business classes as I was freshman year. I did so bad freshman year in business that I could not switch majors. I was trapped. Its sooooo outside my skill set. I have...

Major math problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I can never figure out math ,and my teacher says that I need to go to a program and so do my friends but I really don't want to when I could just get a touter. But my mom says that I have to take it, but I'm afraid that I will be the only normal stuudent there besides one of my enemies. I really...

View more questions Search