Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balboa555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Cleaning a brick driveway with sand grout.
    Hi, does anybody know the best way to clean a brick driveway with a power washer without pushing out the sand grout? And what is the best way to seal a brick drive way? Thanks
    british bill Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 07:50 PM
    How long has the brick driveway been there? What are you trying to seal it with?
    balboa555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
    For about 3 yrs, not sure what to seal it with though Thanks
    british bill Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 08:47 AM
    I've never heard of sealing a brick paver driveway... it's not the sort of thing that needs to be sealed. Try washing a small section with the pressure washer and see how the grout holds up. If it remains intact after washing and you're satisfied with the washing, do the rest. The only other way would be some form of solution [bleach/water or something] and lots of scrubbing. Remember not to have the washer nozzle too close to the surface.
    Dalem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Try using a whirl-a-way rather than a wand. It's less directed pressure at the grout. Using hot water will allow you move quicker.

Dale

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning oil off driveway [ 3 Answers ]

I have a black top driveway and have motor oil and probably other motor fluid stains on it. How do I get them off?

Sealing driveway brick pavers [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to seal driveay brick pavers and which sealer product worked well for you? Thanks, Dan

Cleaning Grout [ 7 Answers ]

I installed ceramic tile in a shower stall a few year ago, however I never sealed the grout. The grout in a few areas have an orange/brown staining. I tried many commercial cleaning products with no success. Any help would be appreciated. mol

View more questions Search