Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clarkdb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Garage Door Weird Behavior
    When Any Button is pushed to close the garage door it goes down 2/3's of the way and then jerks to a grounding halt. Then it suddenly starts to go back up. The only way to close it is to push the button again when it first jerks but before it goes back up, let it pause for a second and then re push the button again, and now it shuts the rest of the way. The other really weird thing about it is it seems to be slightly better when it is colder out then when it is hot. I have tried many fixes, oiling everywhere, checking the tracks, the laser beams, adjusting the chain, we never had the problem before about a year and a half ago. We live in Michigan. Please help.. :(
    ajitgehlautr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkdb
    When Any Button is pushed to close the garage door it goes down 2/3's of the way and then jerks to a grounding halt. Then it suddenly starts to go back up. The only way to close it is to push the button again when it first jerks but before it goes back up, let it pause for a second and then re push the button again, and now it shuts the rest of the way. The other really weird thing about it is it seems to be slightly better when it is colder out then when it is hot. I have tried many fixes, oiling everywhere, checking the tracks, the laser beams, adjusting the chain, we never had the problem before about a year and a half ago. We live in Michigan. Please help..:(
    U just check is there any corrosion around switch if yes apply C R C to clean it
    TrampolineKing Posts: 27, Reputation: 2
    -

Nov 17, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Maybe It Doe'snt Like You? Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Weird internet behavior [ 7 Answers ]

What I mean by weird internet behavior is that I can access some web pages but not all. Examples: Can visit Askmehelpdesk.com (This site) Microsoft.com And some of the web comics I read Can't visit

Weird behavior in reopened home [ 1 Answers ]

Just purchased 3 yr old house. Septic system w/ 2 holding tanks. Tanks were pumped when purchased. House was vacant over 1 year. First floor toilet flushes only with plunger. 2nd floor toilet causes all other drains to gurgle when flushed. 2 roof vents appear to be clear.

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

Weird printing program behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but any help would be appreciated! This isn't a problem, so to speak, just very annoying! Every time I print something, the next time the computers turned on (whether it's shut-down and started or just restarted) the printer icon appears in the...

View more questions Search