Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmnstrm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 10:25 PM
    I'm terrified of MICE
    I live in the country across from a cornfield in eastern Nebraska. I have been here for 8 years and we normally will see a mouse once a year around this time, every year we have seen the mouse because one of my cats had it in his mouth or had it cornered. I have never worried about them because I had a sense of security knowing my cats would get them before I even know they are here.

Well last night I'm laying on the couch watching a movie minding my own business and I see this creature running really really fast behind my entertainment center to the other side. I got up to look to make sure that is really what I saw and it moved really fast again. One cat was on my lap sleeping and the other was who knows where he was lol. Anyway I went to bed knowing I wasn't going to do anything about it even if I saw him because I would be too scared of it LOL this was about 10pm. I got up at 5 am for work this morning and we searched the house, no sign of a mouse, the cats weren't acting strange, our bread sack on the counter was untouched, didn't find any mouse droppings. I worried about this creature being in my house all day and now all evening. We still have not seen any signs that he is still here, but I am obsessed that he will come out and run up my leg or something. Is it true that if they smell a cat they will flee back out to where they came in... OR is this creature still in this house somewhere... we found a small hole by thet back door that we sealed with the foam stuff exterminators use. It's now been 24 hours since I saw him and still no sign can anyone put mind at ease that maybe he just went back outside. It was cold last night but was quite warm today and I am so hoping he went back to the warm sun and the field.
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Nov 16, 2007, 10:52 PM
    I've had a pet mice before and the secret of this is you need to capture it before it ruins everything. Set traps or spray pest control liquid to stop the mice. Make sure anything like food is stored away so that it keeps the mice away as it is not tempted.

Once you have captured it, you can either kill it or what I say sell it at the local pet store which can make you about 3 dollars each. (roughly) but make sure if there are more than 1 mice running around in your house make sure you do not let them in the same box. This is because if you are not sure of the gender, the female mouse can produce babies in 2 weeks! Also, you should block the whole and trace where the mice is coming from

Nov 16, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cissy0801
    i've had a pet mice before and the secret of this is you need to capture it before it ruins everything. set traps or spray pest control liquid to stop the mice. Make sure anything like food is stored away so that it keeps the mice away as it is not tempted.

once you have captured it, you can either kill it or what i say sell it at the local pet store which can make you about 3 dollars each. (roughly) but make sure if there are more than 1 mice running around in your house make sure you do not let them in the same box. this is because if you are not sure of the gender, the female mouse can produce babies in 2 weeks! also, you should block the whole and trace where the mice is coming from

OK um this is not a pet mouse lol it's a field mouse; 2nd of all we did block the hole first thing this morning, but how do I know if it is still in here or did it go back outside that is the questtion
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
    If the mouse is around most likely your cat would be wandering around the house... sniffing and twitching his tail. Most likely it came in by accident and left.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 12:10 AM
    I lived on a farm in Eastern Nebraska , one year they invaded the house

I had 10 traps in a circle under a stairs and used peanut butter to trap them...

If I were you, I would buy one of those sonic repellers made by Ridex, hope

They don't disturb cats or other house pets... Hope this helps

Nov 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    I lived on a farm in Eastern Nebraska , one year they invaded the house

I had 10 traps in a circle under a stairs and used peanut butter to trap them...

If I were you, I would buy one of those sonic repellers made by Ridex, hope

they don't disturb cats or other house pets... Hope this helps

Thank you all we finally caught the mouse in a trap this afternoon; keep in mind we only he was here because we saw him... in the last 3 days we have never found any other evidence that he was here except when we would see him. Is it possible that he was here by himself or is it the norm that there are usually more of them in my house

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Terrified to pick up my hamster [ 22 Answers ]

I have a panda bear hamster who is 2 and 1/2 months old. Whenever I get ready to pick her up I get so nervous and shaky, and I know this make it worse because hamsters sense fear and don't like being handled by nervous owners. What can I do to make myself seem less nervous? She has bitten me twice...

Mice! [ 26 Answers ]

Okay folks, I know someone has an answer to this. I am having a problem with mice. They scare the bejezuz out of me. I can handle most anything, but they are fast and they have tails!! :eek: I have a two story house on a slab, all my food is in storage containers, house is always clean. I have...

Completely terrified [ 5 Answers ]

How can I tell my parents, whom I have no bond whatsoever with, that I have been depressed for 5 years and in need of help withouth becoming physically sick, shaky, utterly terrified, dizzy, lightheaded, and scared? :(

3 month old terrified of getting in and out of Jeep [ 9 Answers ]

Our 3 month old Australian Shephard is awesome! My concern is that since 7 weeks of age when we brought him home, he does not like getting in and out of the car. I want him to enjoy going for a ride, but he sees the car door open and pulls or turns away. He does the same when getting out of the...

Dog terrified of thinderstorms [ 2 Answers ]

I have 6yr old black male German Shepherd, 110 lbs, that is terrified of thunderstorms (lightning and thunder). He was not like this as a puppy until after 6-8 mo old. It has gotten worse with each season and this has been the worst storms. He has been jumping up on the door and the knob for the...

View more questions Search