Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HOGAN181 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Fluorescent or LED shop light?
    Im looking to get a new shop light for my husband for Christmas this year and am looking to you for some expertise. Which is better fluorescent or LED lights? Also, I am looking to get a cordless/rechargeable light and would appreciate your recommendations for size as well as brand.
    Thanks,
    Jane
    goball Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGAN181
    Im looking to get a new shop light for my husband for Christmas this year and am looking to you for some expertise. Which is better florescent or LED lights? Also, I am looking to get a cordless/rechargeable light and would appreciate your recommendations for size as well as brand.
    Thanks,
    Jane
    Hi,

I recently added a few more fluorescent light fixtures to my workshop and found that the 4 foot T-8 style worked very well. I don't have any experience with LED lights that might be used for a workshop environment. HAGD
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 08:59 PM
    I'd go with full spectrum fluorescent. LED lights for spot locations. A Mini Mag Lite flashlight with an LED bulb is awesome.
    HOGAN181 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I guess I didn't use the proper term for the type of light I am looking to buy. I'm trying to replace the trouble light my husband uses while working on his car etc. sorry I was so confusing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GMH8 heating unit - LED Led flash 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have just recently bought a Goodman GMH81155CNAG gas heating furnace. I find the manual is very unhelpful as far as diagrams and explanatory. The problem that I am having is when I closed the doors for the furnace, the heat would stop and only the blower running. The LED would flash...

Changing long fluorescent light bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I admit I am a dummy when it comes to electrical things. I am having a ens of a time removing and changing 48 inch fluorescent bulbs in our kitchen ceiling fixture. I was able to remove one easily but it didn't light up. The other 3 bulbs won't come out!! Is there a trick to these...

Why is my fan fluorescent light bulb flickering? [ 2 Answers ]

10:25 AM 2/13/2006 I recently installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/florescent light kit. To control the fan and light I installed a remote switch manufactured by the same company, Harbor Breeze. The problem I am having is the fluorescent light is constantly flickering, whether the fan is...

Led Zeppelin's In the light (Organ intro version) Can't find it [ 2 Answers ]

I heard this version of in the light that sounds better then the one I have on cd. It started with an organ intro and had this 60's sound to it but I can't find it anywhere.

Fluorescent light trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a newby, and I recently added 2 fluorescent ceiling lights in the garage. I'd like to know what would cause both lights to go out when the weather is cold, and both to come back on when it warms up? Thanks!

View more questions Search