Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    da_c_dog Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2005, 12:27 AM
    19 year-old virgin
    Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kind of weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and a lot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a virgin? If it is, why hasn't anyone had sex with me? What's this world coming to?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2005, 02:23 AM
    It is very rare now a days to be a virgin at the age of 19 years old. There is nothing wrong with that. I was a virgin until close to my wedding which I was 28 years old and waiting for that right person to share my life with. Who cares what other people think or what they are doing doesn't mean a ---- thing. Do what is right for you and wait for that special someone and waiting for that special someone to have that experience with is very important. Hope this helps you.

Joe
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2005, 05:49 AM
    Virgin
    Hi,
    At 63 yrs old, married 28 yrs, I applaud you!!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin at 19 yrs old.
    Here are some facts that you might be interested in:
    1. According to the major news networks on TV, at least 40% of all girls in the US are pregnant before they are 20 yrs old!! NO contraceptives are 100% effective.
    Do you want to take a chance on being a Daddy at 19?

2. At least half of all marriages in the US end in Divorce.
    I know you didn't mention marriage, but some younger Daddys believe that if they get married, it solves everything with pregnancy... it doesn't when it ends in Divorce, with the Daddy paying monthly child support, maybe $300 per month.

With all that said, there is also something else. Please wait to have sex, until you find someone you really care for, respect, be honest with, and she in turn, treats you the same way.
    All these friends of yours who are having sex, are really taking a chance every time they do. If they aren't using condems, then they are taking a chance on pregnancy, also on getting many, many different sex diseases; some really serious, some can be "healed" by a doctor in a few weeks.
    Wait as long as you can, and believe me, it WILL happen; you will have sex with the right girl/woman.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 26, 2005, 10:40 AM
    There is nothing wrong with being a virgin at 19, I have two friend one 20 and the other 24, they are both still virgins, what is the world coming to, blame it on MTV I don’t know. But it is okay to wait. Sex is just sex and finding the right person to be with and it is hard, I know. If your friends are picking on you start looking for different people to hang out with friends is there for you not to judge you. You are okay and there is nothing wrong with you. I am truly proud to hear that you are.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 26, 2005, 11:43 AM
    Late bloomers
    I didn't lose mine till I was 20 yrs old. But yeah everyone likes to act all weird around you huh? Now I know maybe its just me but I always thought my virginity was a sacred thing and its your body and your business. You'll be proud of yourself for not listening to them. I bet some of them are virgins too and only pretend to not be. Knowing about some moves in the bed don't mean they aren't either. Don't let them get to you.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 26, 2005, 01:11 PM
    Hey been 20 and a virgin in this day and age is a rear thing !! But hell you should be happy and when the time come's im sure you will be, as well as thanking yourself for waiting....

Too many young ppl in this day and age are full of all kinds of S.T.D's :mad: At least you can be happy your not... As for your m8's don't worry your time will come soon !!! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2005, 01:47 PM
    Don't follow the crowd!
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock into anyone who would put you down just for being a virgin after all its your choice who you have sex with isn't it.That you would stick by your guns and not give in to the peer pressure around you gives you 100 points in my book!Let everyone do as they will and be proud of the fact not only are you more mature but also wiser than most of those around you!You don't need help you need a round of applause.:cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2005, 02:01 PM
    World
    Quote Originally Posted by da_c_dog
    Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kinda weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and alot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a virgin? If it is, why hasn't anyone had sex with me? What's this world coming to?

First no not everyone is as sexually active as you may think, and in this world of seroius STD and babies out of wedlock, I don't understand why everyone is as active as they are. But the plain trouth is that while some may have slight experience due to raging harmones they can't control, it is the better person who has control over their emotions.

Anyone can give into their anmimal lust, but a true man controls his and knows that emtional love and sex is the best and when happen when that time is right with that right person.

I have counseled with so many people who are sad, upset that they let and gave away such a special part of thierself to just anyone too early. It is something that can not be undone.

And believe me, as one of the bigger story tellers around the locker room,
    Teens don't have near as much sex as they talk about.
    andydude88 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Hey look on the bright side at least you're not a 40 year old virgin lol

Jan 7, 2006, 04:54 PM
    And what exactly is wrong with that?

Jan 7, 2006, 04:57 PM
    OK OK didn't mean to discriminate against priests sorry

Jan 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Priests?? You don't have to be a priest. Not everyone can just go out and sleep with the first thing they see. Some of us need it to be the right person to share that experience with and not just anyone will do.

Jan 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Welcome
    Andy

Please just think a little before you type there are people from all different back grounds, colours and walks of life that use this site and some people can take offence if they feel your taking the piss out of them.

But welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your time here:)

Jan 7, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Jeez all right all right. Why is everyone so grim and serious here and they get offended so easily? Need a little sense of humor here and there. I thought this site was about jokes and stuff also. Maybe I shouldn't mess around as much

I just stumbled on this from Google a few minutes ago so I don't take it seriously

Jan 7, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andydude88
    jeez alright alright. why is everyone so grim and serious here and they get offended so easily? need a little sense of humor here and there. i thought this site was about jokes and stuff also. maybe i shouldnt mess around as much

i just stumbled on this from google a few minutes ago so i dont take it seriously
    There are all type's of topics on this site, if you click on the front page you will find the joke section LoL :)

People come to ask questions on a number of these sections and when it is matters that mean a lot to the poster we must treat them with respect, as I'm sure you would want people to show you respect if you posted a question... Because I sure would want that myslef. You will find that there are a good bunch ere enjoy
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Serious
    Actually having a lot of sex with partners you don't know just for fun, while it is talked about all the time, is not really done by most of the people in America. Most don't have sex near as often as everyone things each other is having, even married couples do not have sex near as often as most would believe.

Not having sex unless you are in a long term serious relationshiop ( I prefer married) is actually more the norm than the excepttion

I think the 40 year old comment was referring to the new movie out
    (40 year old virgin).

Jan 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
    OH! I wish to see that movie.

Jan 7, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Yeah it's pretty funny. A lot of jokes but I can't put them on here because they have too much cursing and profanity

But fr chuck's picture reminds me of a catholic priest somehow. I thought they were supposed to be celibate?
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Married
    Independent Catholic

But after enough years of marriage, you have less sex than most celebrate
    ( that was a joke)

The Orthodox, Anglican and Independent Catholic priests can be married.
    Also while it is not talked about much, even the Roman Catholic have a few married priests and bishops, they can not be ordained by the church, but when they come from another denomination such as the Anglican church, Lutheran Church or Orthodox, they have been admitted into the Roman Catholic Church.

One of our Bishops went to the Roman Catholic Church many years ago, he was married and he took part in Vatican II.

Our Order used to be part of the RC church but it split in the 1940's because of the churches part with the Nazi's in WWII
    suirvale Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Religion/virginity
    I have travelled in many countries and some more than others are obsessed with virginity but particularly the muslim guys I have met in my travels.,. here in ireland as well it was a huge issue for debating in puds and in locker rooms as well.,. I never heard the french or swedes ever talking about it, it caused endless troubles and I guess ignorance and lack of understanding or basic sex instruction was totallyto blame,, mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

30-Something Virgin [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my story... As a teenager, I dealt with a lot of depression and low self-esteem. I didn't date at all until I was a freshman in college. I was in a serious relationship with a guy for a year in my late teens. He asked me to sleep with him. But, I told him that although I was attracted...

Virgin or not? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi pals Please tell me if we mastrubate once or many times do we lose our virginity? Or we lose our virginity only when we have sex with opposite partner?

Virgin and Not [ 14 Answers ]

Hi to all I just wish to share my problem.. I'm 18 and a virgin my boyfriend isn't a virgin.. I can't understand why its bothering me so much.. I feel he did everything with someone else already. I even though of asking if he as always used a condom but I think it might not be that suitable to...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

I'm virgin too. [ 20 Answers ]

Hello evrbdy.Im 20 and virgin ,I hate this fact.probably the problem is that smtimes Im shy with girls .to kick away my shyness I've started to smoke hashish,do you think it will help me.if you have any better idea help me

View more questions Search