Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    headsize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Error message at startup
    Hey greetings,I am running xp sp2 on my PC and I keep getting this message at startup cannot find c:/windows sebako-cnzjlii.exe,can anyone help me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Sounds like a virus that was not cleaned out properly. You need to find what, in your startup is calling for that fiel and remove that entry. Go to Start>Run and type MSCONFIG and go to the startup tab.
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Nov 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Are you sure you wrote down that error message exactly as it appears? A quick Google search on it pulls back nothing. It sounds like possible virus infection or spyware infection. You could try downloading programs like Adaware or Spybot and run a full system scan.
    headsize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Hey scottgem,thanks for the suggestion,I went into msconfig and deleted all of the stertup programs,but the message still comes back. Anymore suggestion?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by headsize
    hey greetings,iam running xp sp2 on my pc and i keep getting this message at startup cannot find c:/windows sebako-cnzjlii.exe,can anyone help me.?
    It appears that your computer may be or may have been infected with the W32/Brontok-M virus.

W32/Brontok-M - Worm - Sophos threat analysis

Here is one site that claims to have a removal tool. I have never used it, so I cannot vouch for its effectiveness.

W32/Brontok-M

If your computer has already had an anti-virus scan, and may have already had this virus removed, you may be experiencing a link reference left over in the registry. A registry cleaner might help. You can download a free one here:

Official ToniArts software pages

Another good one which you can download for free on a trial basis is JV Powertools:

Windows Optimization and Registry Cleaner Utilities | Macecraft Software

Going through the registry and removing all references to this might be a good idea, but I would not recommend it if you are not experienced with editing the registry. It could cause your operating system to be unusable if you make an error in editing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Startup error on windows XP [ 8 Answers ]

Dear Mr. /Miss. I did deleted the RVHOST.EXE file from my system but still whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the RVHOST.EXE) this message mean that there is a service or a command trying to executed but it could not find the file specified because I did...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

Error message , scrips error in internet explorer What does it mean ?

Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message. It started after I downloaded Microsoft IE 7. I have since dumped 7 and restored my prior version but keep getting this error. Can anyone help me get rid of it? The instruction “at 0x74986b37” referenced memory at “0x00000024”. The memory could not...

Windows Startup Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I'm trying to help my sister with her computer because she can't get online. When she turns her computer on (windows 98) she gets a message stating that there is a windows startup error. It says "try loading SBEINIT.CO before SMARTDRV.exe or minimizing VDISK".How do we do this and what caused...

View more questions Search