Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cubancuty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
    More Probation time or Jail Time?
    I am currently on 3-year probation for , identity theft in the third, 3 counts of reckless endangerment-2nd,false written statement and reckless driving and leaving the scene. The driving charges are separate from the Identity theft charge. Recently two detectives came to my home questioning me in regard to a possible petty larceny charge. I did not commit this however the odds are greatly against me. My brother came to my place of work, took the account and routing number off a check and paid a bill that was in my name at my former address while I was on probation. He did this to obtain services at his home in my name. I was unaware of this until the officers came to my home. Obviously they do not believe me. They want me to come in with evidence that my brother did it or otherwise I will be charged with the crime. My concern is that I am a single mom and have no one to take care of my children if I am absent from them. I'm afraid of losing my children and possibly being violated. So far I have served from January of 2007. So I still have 2 more years to go. My probation will expire in April of 2010. I need help or at the very least advice. Can someone please help me?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Nov 16, 2007, 06:30 PM
    You are out of luck girly! Even if you prove that you did not take the routing and account number off the check, you cannot prove that you didn't know he did it. He came to your place of work and got that information, they are going to assume that you gave it to him. At the very least you will get brought up on charges for being an accomplice or conspiracy charges.

You will more than likely have to serve the remainder of your sentence in an institution and will lose your children to a foster home until your sentence is complete. I am not a lawyer or a member of law enforcement, this is just my opinion. There was a lady that came into my store and shoplifted while on probation, she is currently spending her holidays in jail. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it is probably what will happen.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Hello Cuty:

I wouldn't snitch on your brother and I'd hire a lawyer.

excon
    Cubancuty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    I found this answer to be helpful because it was the most straight forward answer I have gotten so far.
    mikehoffman8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Unlike excon, I would snitch on my anybdy to keep my kids (not myself but my children)how does someone walk in your work and get some check info the odds aqre against you because you or yours did it. If it wasn't you & you know about it itsw the same as doing it. It is a violation just talking to a peace officer(contact). Again it is already a violation, you are done, you need to tell all if you didn't do it starting w/ your p.o. cause if they hear anything you are arrestesd. Damage control talk to p.o. risk doing cdhump change violation instad of full sentancincing. Ive done Quentin 11 times excon... Im an excon too no hard feelings I hope
    mikehoffman8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Never, never spend money on bail spend every cent on the mouth pice (lawyer)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

No jail time [ 6 Answers ]

I have to do for days in jail for a owi an I'm wondering if I can get a doctoers order saying I need to be in r5 a mental ward receveing treatment an consoling for my depression for a few days instead of being in jail if I can get out of it ?

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

How much jail time do you get for: [ 1 Answers ]

How much jail time do you get for violation probation and get caught in a stolen car?

Can I serve jail time to end my probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on probation for my 2nd M.I.P. (minor in possession of alcohol) in the state of Michigan. I was originally sentenced to 3 months of probation, but in the third week of my probation back in January, I unfortunately failed a drop. I got a violation, and the judge added 3 months to my...

View more questions Search