Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judy123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Husband throwing wife out
    Can a husband evict his wife. There is no lease on the rented home. The husband pays the rent. He thretens his wife that he is going to have the sherrif serve her with an eviction notice and a restraining order...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by judy123
    can a husband evict his wife. there is no lease on the rented home. the husband pays the rent. he thretens his wife that he is going to have the sherrif serve her with an eviction notice and a restraining order.....

Can't speak for all States but, no, not in NYS IF that is the residence of husband and wife.

If he does get a restraining order, yes, the Court can order one party out of the house.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Nov 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Im not sure.. but honestly what kind of husband is that? He don't even deserve the title "husband". It's a thing called divorce.. too much of it. But you got to do what you got to do. Oh an personally if he told me to leave id be like no don't think so. Were married and by law (or at least I think) our assets are shared. So therefore he can't just kick you out. If he got a prob with you then its called.. . he needs help if you have done nothing-therefore go to a consulor. If he's always been an ars then time to walk out and stay out. Good luck. Honeslty. Men who needs them. I hope you find a real man... this guys clearly not.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2007, 10:46 AM
    The only one who can evict is the landlord. Since its unlikely that a wife is the tenant and the husband the landlord, then that's an empty threat.

However, he could get a restraining order against her IF he has legal grounds. Which could force her out of the house.

In my opinion, however, she needs to worry about getting a divorce not about eviction.

Nov 16, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Follow-up to husband throwing wife out
    The reason he wants to throw her out is because they actually live in separate rooms and there is no contact. No sex either. So there doesn't seem to be a good enough reason for a restraining order right?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2007, 10:56 AM
    First please use the Quick Reply, don't start a new thread.I've moved the post for you.

I don't see grounds for a restraining order. But I do see grounds for either of them filing for divorce. And then a court will decide who keeps the apartment..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by judy123
    the reason he wants to throw her out is because they actually live in seperate rooms and there is no contact. no sex either. so there doesn't seem to be a good enough reason for a restraining order right?

No, not having sex isn't a reason for a restraining order - although it is an interesting concept in law.

Nov 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Because it helped me and the response was so quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should an ex wife still be dependent on her ex husband? [ 10 Answers ]

my boyfriend has been divorced for almost 5 years now maybe 6. but his ex keeps relying on him because she cannot stand on her own two feet and he wants to help out for his children. I do not have children so I can't fathom this view point. Am I in the wrong? Or is this not even my business?? I...

Wife horny, husband not so much. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are both 34 and have been married 14 1/2 yrs (together 17). I am finding that I am needing my husband to touch me sexually somehow everyday or I feel he doesn't want me. Or I think to myself wow it's been a week or whatever and we haven't had sex and I think maybe he doesn't want...

Bi-polar, infertile husband, gives up on wife and life. (by wife) [ 17 Answers ]

I got married nearly 4 years ago. Recently I found out that my husband is bi-polar and has pathological lying disorder. Just before that. We took was out $27,000 for IVF treatment, and long story short he stopped working and would not get a job, created debt, lied about it etc. While I was going...

Husband needs might lose wife. [ 6 Answers ]

*my second attempt at posting so sorry if this repeats a thread I am a HUSBAND... and I love my wife... I am a good leaning toward very good almost even a great person... I adore my family I worship (mostly) my wife I was/am an idiot I am regretful and know what I did wrong I have a strong...

Husband and wife, both F1->H1B [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I would appreciate your advice on what options my husband and myself have in terms of filling our tax returns -Husband Changed his STATUS from F1 to H1B in October 05, got actual H1B visa in January 10th 06 when he went outside of the US (he is resident, correct?) - Wife Was on OPT...

View more questions Search