Nov 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Woodland scenes
    Please can you give me any info on an artist called Ernest Walbourg
    Date and place of birth ?
    Are his paintings scarce ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Are you sure that you didn't mean Ernest Walbourn the artist?
    Eiger Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:39 AM
    Not Walbourn but definitely ERNST WALBOURG
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 04:00 AM
    I have not been able to find any information about that artist. It just might mean that it isn't available in searches on the Internet, but could be on a site that doesn't get very good exposure in Internet searches. I did receive your private message. It is much preferable to keep things out in the open on this thread, rather than use private messages in order to get information. Are you in possession of a painting by the artist? If you are, then are there any other makings in writing, like on the back of the frame, etc.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Does the work "Woodland Scenes" look like anything that you might find in the following search? "woodland scenes" painting - Google Image Search

Why are you using "Woodland Scenes" as a title to this thread? Is that the name of an artwork? (There must be at least hundreds of them called that, if it is.) Or, is this your own description of this work of art?

Nov 24, 2007, 04:23 AM
    Hi.Clough, NO there no names on the paintings except the signature in the lower rt.hand corner,I just called them Woodland scenes because they are ! They depict a woodland scene with a stream flowing throughon one of the paintings and the other a woodland scene with tall trees either side but no stream flowing through. If you like I can send you a fax of them ? And a article from the internet from the Surrey police asking about a painting by this artist that was stolen
    Some time ago ( but it was not one of my two! )

Regards,

Eiger
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 24, 2007, 04:30 AM
    It does have a lot come up when you Google... however I can't understand a word of it!!
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Thank you for some additional information about this. That will help us to help you better, if we can. Seems like kind of a tough one. Now we know that it's not called "Woodland Scenes."

Next questions, you say that it's a painting. But, "paintings" can be on a number of different surfaces. Not all are then called paintings. Is the surface on which the image appears cloth? Or, is it something else? What are the dimensions of this object?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting an image of this in a post on the thread that we are on right now? That would also be helpful. It could be that the information that you seek might not be found. However, posting on this site is one of the best places on the Internet to ask. Other places that you could try would be an art gallery, the art department at a college or university or even a high school. Also, a public library.

Jan 14, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Hi Clough
    Sorry to have taken so long to reply to your email of 27/11/07 but I have just returned from Xmas holidays (extended ) and then I couldn't find your E Mail address. I now have pictures of the 2 paintings by Ernest Walbourg which I can hopefully download,
    Could you send me your Email address as it does not give it on any of the mail I have had from you.
    Many Thanks,
    Eiger
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 02:13 AM
    Hello, Eiger!

I had to move your post above to this thread to which it really concerned. You had posted it as a reply to someone else's question on another thread. This place doesn't work like a chat room. I just happened to notice your post.

I know that I did send you a private message on this site in response to a private message that you had sent to me. There are no email addresses here because they are not emails, but private messages.

We need to keep any information about your original question on this thread, not in private messages, so that others can also benefit from it.

If you could now post the images on this thread (not on another thread or even as a new thread) that would be helpful in the possible identification of the paintings and maybe finding some information about the artist. No guarantees, though.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2008, 12:29 PM
    http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/10819

Try this link,it does show work by an artist named Ernest Walbourg,does it seem similar to the one you have?

The above link is the only one I could come up with other than that is this on eBay..
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERNEST-WALBOUR...QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Nice hunting, firmbeliever! :) Those results weren't showing up when I did searches a couple of months ago. Maybe we will get somewhere yet with this!
    rubiloo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 01:20 AM
    I also have 2 paintings by Ernest Walbourg (same style as Ernest Walbourn). Did you have any luck with tracing the artist of your pictures?
    airnewf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2011, 05:38 AM
    Hi There, I also have a picture from Ernest Walbourg. It was my grandmother's and I just brought it down from my parents cabin. I want to get it reframed. Only by luck did I decide to look up the artist. Two women walking on a street, two women at back on street. Building with open gate. Head stonein the yard. Any ideas? I live in Newfoundland. I think this artist was from England.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's Early 90's Kids Film about Woodland Animals [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of this film where these woodland animals (incl. a badger, mole and hedgehog I think) set of to find this flower that will save a younger relative? At the start their parents get captured by some people that I think are actually helping the animals because they gas the...

Torture (movie scenes for seminar) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am currently taking gr. 12 law on the new curriculum and am doing a final seminar worth 30% of my mark on torture. I've got all of my research together, but am wishing to make a video consisting of a series of clips relating to torture from various movies. If any of you can...

View more questions Search