Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askjuba Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Word Attachment in Outlook
    I have a friend that has his computer and each time he opens a Word document that came in an email as attachment he has to change the view to normal, the text actually appears very very big and not being able to read it like that, any idea where to change this? Thanks,
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 09:29 AM
    What's happening is the file is opening in Reading Layout viewing mode. To change it, when he opens the attachment he can go to the View menu and select Normal rather than Reading Layout. To permanently prevent the reading layout view from opening automatically when you receive a Word document in e-mail: On the Tools menu, click Options, click the General tab, and then clear the Allow starting in Reading Layout check box.

Nov 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Will try it and let you know :), thanks.

Dec 10, 2007, 03:47 PM
    I tried it and it worked, thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Office 2003, problems in Word and Outlook [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble opening saved word documents, and when a new email arrives my outlook says it has encounter a problem and needs to close. I have tried the detect and repair, and the programs are installed on a server so I don't have a disk. Any thoughts?

Opening a Word Attachment from Outlook [ 9 Answers ]

When I open a Word attachment from an Outlook e-mail, it opens another instance of Word. (Two winword.exe's show in task manager processes, and when I close the document, I'm told that normal.dot is already in use and can't be saved to its original location.) Is there some way to make Outlook...

View more questions Search