Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilac99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 03:19 AM
    What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house?
    I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. Then by morning my bites are gone. They are not in any other room of the house. We have removed the carpet in that room, which is our office, a room that was built onto the house over the old patio slab. We sealed all the gaps in the concrete before we laid new laminate floor. I thought they were gone after all that, but recently, they came back and are biting me as I type. I am so tired of this that I am ready to move out. Does anyone have any ideas for us? We need help.
    MarkNat Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 09:26 AM
    They are called biting midgets or "no-see-ums". DEET is supposed to be good for those things.
    findit Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2008, 05:04 PM

DEET will repel them from your skin or the room if you spray the room but then there may be the chance you chase them out to nest in another part of the house. DEET repels doesn't kill/exterminate. What is strange and interesting is that exterminators never mention anything about midges being able to invade interiors of homes. With this many people complaining about these pests then "professionals" should be addressing it. Midge bites kill deer, inflict bluetongue virus in livestock, cause hemorrhagic illnesses in humans and of course infections in bites that have been scratched. Midges are a few millimeters in length and light enough to breathe them in. Midges also serve as hosts for itch mites. CDC has info on midges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Invisible biting mite [ 15 Answers ]

Google brought me to this site because someone else had a similar question. Many years ago I picked up a coffee table from the trash of a dilapidated house. Not long after I felt "things" on my legs in my car. These spread indoors and were mostly active at night. Since then I have controlled...

Sewage smell in new house near laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

We have a new house and lately we have had a sewage or sulfur type smell right outside the laundry room and we have no idea where it is coming from. Any ideas? The plumbing for the laundry and bathrooms runs right under the floor near the laundry room.

Strange problem effecting walls in one room in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: My daughter has a purple room. Ever since I painted it I noticed that if you hang a picture on the wall for any length of time and remove the picture, it looks as though something brown, like a soda ran down the wall right behind the picture. At first I thought it actually was a...

Invisible [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone out there ever felt so invisable that the air they breathe didn't even make a difference? I see that commercial on TV about mothers feeling invisable and I know who that feels, but it is worse when you get close to retirement and no one seems to see you or hear you. It's like you are a...

View more questions Search