Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amitsaxena Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 02:55 AM
    What do you mean by perfectionist , I could not understand your question clearly
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Being a perfectionist means wanting to do things as precisely and as accurately as possible, to put it shortly. There are also a number of other words that could be used to describe a perfectionistic attitude or way of being.

Nov 16, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Yes, I always try to do things as accurate as it is... I always try to perform the same things as performed by the original singer..
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Would you like to know how I got over being anxious and nervous when doing things in front of people concerning performing music or when making presentations?

(No one really gets over it completely. We just all have different ways of dealing with it, depending on what we are doing in front of people.)

Nov 16, 2007, 03:10 AM
    I should rather say that I always try to sing all the notes, all the singing techniques performed by the original singer...

Nov 16, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Definitely , I would love to know that... Please tell me
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 03:21 AM
    Answer is coming. Please be patient. Thank you!
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 03:29 AM
    I graduated from college with a teaching degree in music. I was very reluctant to pursue a teaching job at any school for a number of years because I was afraid. Afraid of being in front of people. Afraid that I would not do the absolute best that I could, for myself as well as the students.

I got my first teaching job because I had been recommended by a friend. The principal of the school called me up. I had an interview. I got the job. (This was also in the middle of the school year, by the way.)

I was scared to death in front of the kids. Could function better as things went along. Was getting used to it. I would get horrible anxiety attacks where I couldn't say or do anything. Since they were little kids, they didn't know what was going on and just laughed some. (Of course that didn't help me any either!)

Eventually, I got over my fears and also being so much of a perfectionist at what I was doing that I began to relax and feel confident. Instead of having problems speaking in front of a group of just six or eight people, I have now come to the point where, (even though I am nervous, of course!) I can speak in front of a group of 1,200!

Also, when I started giving lectures and demonstrations to groups of people years ago, I would always write down exactly every word that I would say.

Not anymore! I rarely ever even use notes!

The key for me was PRACTICE!! Let me say that again, PRACTICE!!

You will get over your lack of confidence! I know that you will! You just have to have more time being in front of people doing what you are doing!

In my heart-of-hearts, I don't think that you are that different from me as far as being in front of people.

Two questions for you. Please answer without regard to your feelings of confidence while doing things in front of people.

Do you want to and love to perform for people?

Do you love the job that you have and preparing for giving presentations for people?

Nov 16, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I graduated from college with a teaching degree in music. I was very reluctant to pursue a teaching job at any school for a number of years because I was afraid. Afraid of being in front of people. Afraid that I would not do the absolute best that I could, for myself as well as the students.

I got my first teaching job because I had been recommended by a friend. The principal of the school called me up. I had an interview. I got the job. (This was also in the middle of the school year, by the way.)

I was scared to death in front of the kids. Could function better as things went along. Was getting used to it. I would get horrible anxiety attacks where I couldn't say or do anything. Since they were little kids, they didn't know what was going on and just laughed some. (Of course that didn't help me any either!)

Eventually, I got over my fears and also being so much of a perfectionist at what I was doing that I began to relax and feel confident. Instead of having problems speaking in front of a group of just six or eight people, I have now come to the point where, (even though I am nervous, of course!) I can speak in front of a group of 1,200!

Also, when I started giving lectures and demonstrations to groups of people years ago, I would always write down exactly every word that I would say.

Not anymore! I rarely ever even use notes!

The key for me was PRACTICE!! Let me say that again, PRACTICE!!

You will get over your lack of confidence! I know that you will! You just have to have more time being in front of people doing what you are doing!

In my heart-of-hearts, I don't think that you are that different from me as far as being in front of people.

Two questions for you. Please answer without regard to your feelings of confidence while doing things in front of people.

Do you want to and love to perform for people?

Do you love the job that you have and preparing for giving presentations for people?
    Thanks for your answer :-)...

The answer to both of your questions is YES... I love singing... I love singing of people..
    Even I have a dream to perform in a big Stadium in front of thosands of people...
    I have a dream of being a popular / famous artist/singer...

I will work on your suggestion... I will practice more harder from now onwards...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amitsaxena
    Thanks for your answer :-) .....

The answer to both of your questions is YES ...... I love singing ...... I love singing of people ..
    Even I have a dream to perform in a big Stadium in front of thosands of people.....
    I have a dream of being a popular / famous artist/singer....

I will work on your suggestion ...... i will practice more harder from now onwards.....

Please do just that. Practice in doing things in front of people. It will get easier after time. But, it will take some time.

I have given you my witness as well as my story.

You can also live your dream, if you try hard enough and practice hard enough. Never quit dreaming and trying to do the things that you want to do. There are many people at the top. There is always room for more people at the top. It may be the top around where you live. It may be the top that is recognized on t.v. somewhere. It may be the top that just helps a lot of people. All of those things are the top. It may also be the top where you can make a lot of money. Or, maybe you won't. But, the benefits might far outweigh the money that you make.

What kinds of music do you sing?

Nov 16, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Please do just that. Practice in doing things in front of people. It will get easier after time. But, it will take some time.

I have given you my witness as well as my story.

You can also live your dream, if you try hard enough and practice hard enough. Never quit dreaming and trying to do the things that you want to do. There are many people at the top. There is always room for more people at the top. It may be the top around where you live. It may be the top that is recognized on t.v. somewhere. It may be the top that just helps a lot of people. All of those things are the top. It may also be the top where you can make a lot of money. Or, maybe you won't. But, the benefits might far outweigh the money that you make.

What kinds of music do you sing?
    We are primarily in to Hindi Music, but we perform English also...
    Recently we did a small performance in our office. Some body had captured the video of one song which I sang and has uploaded it to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.... but it is a hindi songs.

You can watch it on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself., just open YouTube and search by " Amit Saxena "...

It will result with some videos... the first video is mine :-)...

Nov 16, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amitsaxena
    How to feel confident on stage while any kind of performance ?
    YouTube - IBM Rockstar Amit Saxena (Atif Aslam)

Go through this url... and give your comments...
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Thank you! I will be checking those out! I can sense the excitement in what you write! And, that is very good! You sound a lot better now then when we had started this thread!

But, right now, I really need to get to bed! It is 5:41 A.M. in the morning where I am right now. I have to ride a band bus today to a performance that we have to give at a place that is nearly 100 miles from here.

I would love to continue discussing with you about you, your music, and how things are going in general.

Hopefully, some things that we have discussed here have been helpful to you!

If you do return and want to discuss things with me, I will know if you post to this thread in the future simply because you will have posted to it. If you have any further questions in any new threads that you might like to start and would like for me to be a part of them, then please Private Message me to make me aware of your intentions.

I look forward to further dialogue with you!

Nov 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
    Thank you! I will be checking those out! I can sense the excitement in what you write! And, that is very good! You sound a lot better now then when we had started this thread!

But, right now, I really need to get to bed! It is 5:41 A.M. in the morning where I am right now. I have to ride a band bus today to a performance that we have to give at a place that is nearly 100 miles from here.

I would love to continue discussing with you about you, your music, and how things are going in general.

Hopefully, some things that we have discussed here have been helpful to you!

If you do return and want to discuss things with me, I will know if you post to this thread in the future simply because you will have posted to it. If you have any further questions in any new threads that you might like to start and would like for me to be a part of them, then please Private Message me to make me aware of your intentions.

I look forward to further dialogue with you!
    Yes that's right, I am feeling more confident now.

Thanks a lot for all your support and suggestions.

I would definitely be in touch with you and will be updating you regularly.

It was really a nice talking to you Sir :-)
    varshaprj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 08:20 AM
    People get nervous on getting on to the stage , that is because,they think of the judges,the audiences,the place u are going to secure and everything else.but don't forget that u are the best and are going to be best.And some people just go on reciting,memorizing,reading.Don't do that,before going do all the preparations required.when u are about to enter the stage take a deep breath and leave it out do it twice or thrice.and all the best.Don't get nervous.
    varshaprj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 08:20 AM
    People get nervous on getting on to the stage , that is because,they think of the judges,the audiences,the place u are going to secure and everything else.but don't forget that u are the best and are going to be best.And some people just go on reciting,memorizing,reading.Don't do that,before going do all the preparations required.when u are about to enter the stage take a deep breath and leave it out do it twice or thrice.and all the best.Don't get nervous.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Just so everyone knows who continues to post on this thread...

It's now very old and archived. So, it's no longer visible on the list of currently active threads.

Plus, the original poster hasn't logged back on to the site since December 24, 2007.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I be confident around BOYS ? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: All my life I have been shy. I've never been able to look at boys in the face. Every time I think I get up enough nerve then I chicken out. I don't want to be like this anymore. And I know only I can fix it but I really need some advice. I'm so confused on how to be confident. Sometimes...

2 stage furnace / single stage thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a Goodman 90,000btu 2 stage, variable speed 5 ton blower furnace put in. I am also have a 3 ton 16 seer A/C put in. They want to set me up with a Honeywell 4000 programmable thermostat. I thought that I read that this thermostat was for single stage heating. Am I getting short changed?...

Changing 2 stage manual thermostat to 1 stage programmable [ 3 Answers ]

All wires match up except the RED wire (previously connected to "R") and the blue wire (previously connected to "C") on an manual white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f58w-58 2 stage heat/cool). On the programmable white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f78-151 single stage) I only have one open terminal and...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search