Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sks804 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Humming noise coming from NEW Air Handler
    I just bought a new Rheem condenser and air handler last week. After it was installed, I noticed a humming/buzzing sound coming from the air handler - which is in the attic. Should a brand new air handler be making this noise? It is not loud, but every time my wife and I walk by/just below the air filter, we hear it. I really don't want to hear this noise for the next 10 years. I had the rep come by and look at it to make sure his 3 Chuckle Heads installed it correctly, and he said Yes. He told me it was the transformer which is right against the fan housing that is making the noise. Should I be hearing this noise after buying a new unit? Thanks SO much for your help! Scott in Florida
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Replace the transformer or you can try to insulate its mounting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU Noise - Humming [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 651-M motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard) which has the SiS651 Northridge and SiS962L Southbridge Chipsets. My system is running Win XP Home with 2 GB of RAM and 80 GB Hard drive. I am experienceing a loud humming noise coming from the Computer. This happens every time that I use the...

Air Handler not coming on. [ 5 Answers ]

Our air Handler is not coming on. The unit outside is running and the programmable thermostat is calling for cool air, but the air handler under the house is not coming on. I've checked the breakers and they are on. I've shut off the unit and waited then turned it on to see if it would come on. ...

Carrier air handler fan noise [ 6 Answers ]

We had a Carrier heat pump/air handler installed in March. The installation people told us to keep the fan running all of the time to circulate air. Last night it started to make a high-pitched noise when just the fan was running, that could be heard through the registers in the house. You can't...

Gurgling noise in HVAC Attic Air Handler [ 2 Answers ]

The Attic Air Handler of our HVAC First Co. unit makes a gurgling noise when the AC is on. This does not happen when the Heat is on. This is an oil / hot water / cool water system. Any ideas on what this is?

Blower/Air Handler motor noise. Loud humming. [ 2 Answers ]

We have ~ 1991 Carrier 58sx high efficiency condensing furnace and central AC. Now the air handler is making a loud humming/vibration noise when the fan kicks in (the blower motor for the air handler makes the noise, not the gas furnace/exhaust blower). The serious electrical humm is loudest when...

View more questions Search