Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Hard Drive Not Recognized
    Hi, Thanks for providing this service. I desperately need help on trouble-shooting my hard drive. It has all my data and does not bootup as a Master or accessible as a Slave. I have checked all the cables, jumpers, and the BIOS settings. At booting the message says, " Operating System Not Found." In the BIOS, the message says."Error 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0."

Before the drive failed, Windows XP would suddenly shut off, showing a blue screen. But I could restart the computer. Now, does not operate at all. The computer works fine with other hard drives, but not this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Hi mate, Sounds like its had a problem where the OS is stored. I am not a total computer nerd but if I was you. Stick it in a usb caddy and copy the files off.. it sounds like a dodgy hdd to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

USB hard drive, recognized but no volume letter [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a USB External Hard Drive. But when I plug it into my laptop and Desktop computers, both running Win XP Pro, the system recognized it immediately And there is an "Safely remove Hardware" icon shown on the right bottom. But I can not find out the drive volume letter for this USB...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Hard drive not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell optiplex gx270. It has been working fine until now. It started freezing up on me and then when I rebooted I got message "press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup". I went into setup and the hard drive did not show up. It said unknown device for primary IDE device. After shutting down...

Drive Not Recognized in Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

!! PLEASE HELP ME!! Okay, I have been beating my head against the wall for two days now, and I have been without my system for a week, so I'd really appreciate the help. I built a system three days ago and everything was going perfectly had programs up and functioning great. I have two...

View more questions Search