Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Cod oil pills for adhd?
    My daughter is 5 and just started kindergarten. She is very hyper and always talking. She has been sent to iss for being disruptive, not paying attention, outburts, and not being quite during quite time. She is very bright, and according to her teahcer ahead of her classmates. I have taken her to the doctor and we do not want to put her on any medication, plus she is young. I have been giving her some pills, children's dha, from the natrual health food store, and she has been good at school since. No more notes from the teacher, and no more iss; and our punishment technique has not changed, we do timeouts and loss of privileges.

What I want to know is, what exactly do these pills do? Are there any side effects at all or any reason she should not take them for a length of time? I have reaseached it on some sites, and everything I find is positive... just wondering...
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Any sort of fish oil is marvelous for your body and there are no negative affects that I know of. If you want to research them more in depth the Life Extension Foundation (lef.org) can provide some solid research.

Also this is supplement that you don't have to worry about giving too much or taking too much or taking it for too long. I go to a natural doctor and she says that if everyone took fish oils, a good multi and B12 that we would have a much healthier and happier population.

I wish your daughter continued success!
    kathat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathat
    My daughter is 5 and just started kindergarden. She is very hyper and always talking. She has been sent to iss for being disruptive, not paying attention, outburts, and not being quite during quite time. She is very bright, and according to her teahcer ahead of her classmates. I have taken her to the doctor and we do not want to put her on any medication, plus she is young. I have been giving her some pills, children's dha, from the natrual health food store, and she has been good at school since. No more notes from the teacher, and no more iss; and our punishment technique has not changed, we do timeouts and loss of priveleges.

What I want to know is, what exactly do these pills do? Are there any side effects at all or any reason she should not take them for a length of time? I have reaseached it on some sites, and everything I find is positive.... just wondering...
    Thanks for your answer... I am going to check out that website...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adhd [ 2 Answers ]

What is ADHD? How does it affect children and adults? What kind of help is out there?

ADHD... What do you think of it? [ 26 Answers ]

Okay I was diagnosed when I was little as having ADHD along with another disease that effects your memory (basically you forget alot). Now I completely agree that I have this other thing cause I am about one of the most forgetful people around! But ADHD I just don't think I have it. I personally...

Getting air (hot or cold) to cape cod attic [ 6 Answers ]

Our house was built in 1952. We had a Fredrick oil furnace. It was replaced with a Lennox Low Boy oil furnace and an air conditioning system. With the Fredrick we had airflow to the attic bedroom of our small (900 sq foot) cape cod style house. The AC contractor has cranked up the fan to high...

Insulating Cape Cod Style House Attic/Crawl Space [ 3 Answers ]

The house has a Cape Cod roof without any gables in the bedrooms. There are two bedrooms and a bath on the top floor in the back half of the house. The roof angles (45 degrees) down to the front of the house just above the middle floor. In front of each of the bedrooms, there is a crawl space...

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

View more questions Search