Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachaelmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Bleeding after regular period
    I am sure this is asked all the time...
    I have been on the ring for 4 years and have always been regular with my periods. They end and start pretty much on the days they are supposed to! But, this month, 5 days after a normal period, I started bleeding again. Not as heavy like a regular period but, enough to use a tampon. It has been going on for about 9 days now and I have already gone to the doctor. She said "it happens". Is there a actual reason and when it is going to stop!! I am going to take another pregnancy test this weekend when I take my ring out just to make sure but, I don't think that is the case. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
    It happens because of the natural hormonal response the synthetic hormones in the ring. Why would you want to take a pregnancy test if you are bleeding? Pregnancy = no bleeding.
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 01:27 PM
    It could be due to a lot of stress. Stress plays a big role in our lives and can take on physical appearances. In women it tends to show it self with bleeding.
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It happens because of the natural hormonal response the the synthetic hormones in the ring. Why would you want to take a pregnancy test if you are bleeding? Pregnancy = no bleeding.
    You can spot when you are pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding but not my period? [ 5 Answers ]

Me & my boyfriend had sex before my period came on - it came on the next day. After my period came off we had sex the next day and the day after that. When I went to get changed for bed I noticed that there where some very pinkish/redish blood there and it definitely wasn't my period. What could...

Regular period and pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have a regular period and be pregnant? My period began 3 days early and lasted as long as usual. I have symptoms of pregnancy. And an odd feeling around my belly button like something's pulling and sharp pain in left ovary. Could I be pregnant?

Regular period? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for all who go to this site I had my last periods on July 30 and my periods are not due until 28 to 30 me and hubby has been trying to get a baby and finally this month I got bleeding at 24 which was very different from the usual kind of periods and a mild discomfort I just wanted...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...

View more questions Search